Sea of Thieves has kicked off May with a big update on PC and Xbox One. In addition to several bug fixes that should improve the stability of the game, developer Rare has unveiled a bunch of new weapon styles, clothing styles, and ship customizations. There's also a new limited edition weapon available to celebrate the game's first month.
Update 1.0.6. fixes server crash issues, as well as a bug where repetitive actions from players impacted network stability for other players. Changes have also been made to shopkeepers, who will now only stock certain item sets. There are seven new clothing ranges, including Executive Admiral, Ruffian Sea Dog, Imperial Sovereign, and Rotten Bilge Rat. If you're looking to give your ship a new coat of paint (and then some), there are four new cosmetic options as well.
Of course, there are also new weapons as part of the same customization series. They're available at weapon shops now, while the new limited edition "Launch Crew" Eye of Reach sniper rifle is for sale for one gold. The weapon is to celebrate the one month anniversary of the game's release and will only be available for the next two weeks.
Sea of Thieves just received update 1.0.5 a few days ago, but at 1.25 GB on PC it packed a much smaller punch compared to this update's 2.06 GB of content. You can read more about update 1.0.6 on Sea of Thieves' website, and check out the patch notes below.
Sea of Thieves Update 1.0.6 Fixed Issues
- [PC Only] Rebinding to the F key will no longer soft lock the radial.
- This has been a top reported issue to Support, and we believe this is now resolved. If you are still encountering issues with this rebind locking the screen, please log a Support Ticket and we will investigate further.
- Stow and Disengage can now be rebound to the same button on a controller.
- Incorrect company icons will no longer be displayed for a split second if trying to get reputation from two different Trading Companies.
- Joining a dead player whose ship is parked at an active Skeleton Fort will no longer prevent the joining player's radials from being opened.
- Recent Players list will no longer be delayed in updating players from other crews.
- Hunter of Cursed Crews and Hunter of Fort Skulls Commendations now track.
- Voyage inventory message is now translated when there are no voyages in the inventory.
- Loot items can no longer be dropped behind the Captain's table on the small ship when trying to place them on the table.
- Ships' ropes now cast shadows on the deck.
- Musical instruments can now be used immediately after interacting with parts of the ship.
- [PC Only] Half Vsync option was removed. The Frame Lock option should now be used instead.
- Resolved an issue which could cause players to fail to migrate and remain on low population servers.
- Repetitive actions from players will no longer impact the network stability for other players.
- Frame rate lock option is no longer disabled when Vsync is enabled.
- Significant reductions in the time taken to return from the Ferry of the Damned.
- Images in all Chests now load gracefully when browsing.
- Multiple server crash fixes.
- Some players cannot see their downloadable content in the game.
- Once you redeem your code, here is a Support Article that shows you where to find your items in-game. If you still cannot find your items in-game, please raise a support ticket to log this issue.
- Players may experience details of their pirate (such as hair colour/scars) looking different from their initial selection.
- We are working on a way for our Customer Support team to reset your pirate to your original selection. If you have experienced this bug, please ensure you have logged a Support Ticket for this issue.
- Players are experiencing delayed achievements and commendations from in-game actions.
- We are working on a way for our Customer Support team to re-award these achievements and commendations back to players.