PS4 action-RPG Horizon: Zero Dawn is getting a big update next week, and it adds a number of improvements to the game's Photo Mode. It also includes several new settings, such as more customization for the HUD and better sensitivity options. In a post on the PlayStation Blog, Guerrilla Games' community manager, Jeroen Roding, detailed the options coming to Photo Mode. Players will have access to three new filters to place on images they take in-game, a grid overlay within the mode to improve spacing and framing, and a "greetings from" message that can be added to photos. Additionally, players will be able to choose different poses for the main character, Aloy. There's also an option to make her look at the camera.
The update also adds a lot more customization options for the HUD, including the option to hide quest and enemy markers. Icons on the map can now be filtered, as well.
The patch will be released sometime next week. You can see a list of feature patch notes below, while the full list of changes can be seen here.
Horizon: Zero Dawn Update 1.20 Feature Patch Notes:
- Improved photo mode with new features
- Added poses for Aloy
- Added facial expressions for Aloy
- Added 3 new filters
- Added a “look at the camera” mode for Aloy
- Added “greetings from” cards
- Improved the camera controls
- Added the option to hide Aloy inside settlements while in photo mode.
- Added a sell stack option at merchants when double tapping the square icon.
- Added filters and a legend to the in game map and the quest map.
- Added several new custom HUD options.
- Added an additional blue health bar on top of the player’s health bar whenever the Shield Weaver Armor is equipped to indicate the amount of extra health points the armor is providing.
- Added difficulty setting components to the Shield Weaver Armor’s damage protection. On hard mode the armor received a 40% armor reduction, on very hard the armor received a 66.6% reduction.
- Added the option to hide headgear for Aloy.
- Added the option to categorize and sort your inventory.
- Added categories in the crafting menu
- Green check mark for categories that are finished
- White icon for categories that have recipes that can be crafted
- Grey icon for categories that have no recipes that can be crafted
- Added the feature in the Sell menu at merchants, you can now press triangle to mark one or more items to sell items quicker.
- Added gameplay time to the statistics menu.
- Changed the timing of some tutorials that were repeatedly displayed, they are now less frequent.
- Added the option to control the x and y axis sensitivity of the camera.
- Added Spanish language support for North American copies of the game. Spanish subtitles can now be enabled, and Spanish audio is also now supported via a Spanish VO pack that can be downloaded from the North American PlayStation Store (in the week of 8th May).