As if the completely restored PC version of Grand Theft Auto 5 wasn’t graphically stunning enough, people from all over continue to amaze the modding community by creating even more fascinating mods to add into the game. Maintaining that same consistent flow of outstanding mods has introduced us to the Tsunami mod, the RPG mod which adds in skill trees and jobs to add to the replayability of the game, and even an enhanced luxury safehouse known as Marlowe Valley that includes a massive mansion and landing strip. If all of those and more weren’t enough to satisfy your modding needs, there is now ‘The Pinnacle of V’ mod that was created by multiple modders working in tandem to construct a completely revamped version of GTA 5 that has never been seen before.
To start off, the main components The Pinnacle of V offers are the unmistakably enhanced graphics and lighting, which have seen a complete and total revamp. But this mod did not stop there. It also has a texture overhaul that encompasses everything from the clouds in the sky, down to the grass and plants all over the city. This overhaul is not just a simple improvement, as they are entirely new textures being brought into the game, and have all been converted into 4K quality definition. In addition to that, there is also the new Reshade and ENB configurations that boost the overall color balance. As can be seen in the photos in the imgur gallery and the video below, this graphical improvement is by far the most visually stunning that has been made available to GTA 5 since was released onto PC. I recommend viewing any of the imgur photos in full resolution to fully capture the graphical improvements.
The visual reconstruction is not all that this new modding project offers, though. The Pinnacle of V will also come with a reworking of the in-game vehicle handling. This addition is said to be a significant improvement over the standard driving experience. Literally every single air, land, and sea vehicle has been tweaked in just the right ways to produce more realistic deformation, crash physics, top speeds, weight, handling, avoidance control, ai control, and more. With the driving mechanics upgraded, the creators behind The Pinnacle of V also decided it was only right to increase the overall population in GTA 5. When using this mod, the amount of pedestrians will now increase around the city, all pertaining to the certain time of day and time of the week. Furthermore, police patrols on foot and in vehicles, along with all DLC vehicles have been added into the regular flow of foot and vehicle traffic. So now when you’re in the middle of your wild GTA antics you’ll need to stay aware of the current time and location you’re in, or you may just get stuck in rush hour traffic.
Some of the last main features this mod will have are the thorough upgrades that weapons and weapon mechanics will get, but also the improved relationships between characters and animals. Every single weapon now has a new custom firing sound that will replace the originals, adding to the sheer realism that is being strived for. Not only that, but all weapons will have much more realistic recoil and bullet travel speed, meaning that bullets will no longer go directly from barrel to target, but will instead take a realistic period of time to reach their destination. Moreover, certain materials can now be shot through, while other in-game objects like fences can now be shot apart. Whereas they would originally just take the infinite bullet holes without causing any actual damage.
In terms of improved relationships, police and gangs will now battle it out in the streets, while the main protagonist will have a chance to enjoy better encounters with any in-game animals. All in all, The Pinnacle of V looks to be living up to its goal of being a GTA 5 enhancement project. The creators have touched base on almost every facet of the in-game experience, and have come away with an outstanding modification for PC. Every feature of this mod has been listed in the spoiler below, and you can download it here if you’d like to experience GTA 5 at what seems to be its highest peak performance yet.
- The best and most realistic Reshade & Enb configurations included to provide a perfect color balance and bring new life to the game.
- Totally redone every in game weather, removing chromatic aberration, noise, vignetting, and other postfx improved clouds, lighting, color control, reduced fog to realistic amounts and much more. Major overhaul! (Letting the game change weathers in its natural cycle provides the best experience! Don't always use a trainer, you'll be surprised.)
- Photo realistic rain ,and puddles.
- Increased global reflection and shadow intensity. Added Volumetric Lighting to all weathers during night.
- Removed flashing from pickup objects (weapons cash wallets etc.)
- Enabled shadows from weapon, explosion and other smoke/particle effects within near vicinity of player (uses the same distance as the general shadow box)
- Removed most lensflare and limited corona size.
- Improved/stronger wind effects.
- Edited particle effects to allow more collision, as well as made more objects breakable (more coming in future updates).
- Better grass and plant general settings.
- Global smoke effect improved, everything from exhaust to chimneys to explosions
- Better weather lighting, fog control, and atmosphere.
- Much improved storm weather waves and water effects.
- Massively improved reflections.
- Increased farclip.
- Longer lasting footprints, better tire water, dirt, and burnout smoke effects.
- 4k and improved Bokeh Depth of Field Effects.
- Improved vehicle lights, coronas, flare, spotlights and police lights.
- Plants, grass, bushes, vehicles, water, blood, stars, moon, and more! The texture overhaul is a massive project on its own, and it will be receiving regular updates as progress is made. These textures are not just simply upscaled. They are entirely brand new textures being introduced into the game.
- 4k Clouds
- 4k Water
- 4k Stars and Moon
- 4k Plants and Grass
- 4k Blood
- 4k Fire Sprites
- 4k Coronas
- 4k Rain Drops and Splash Textures
- 4k Cloud Noise
- 4k Vehicle Bottom Shadows
- 2k Real Vehicle Replacements for Carrier Types (Coke, Pepsi, graffiti, and more!)
- Every car, truck, van, SUV, commercial, utility, transportation, water, and air vehicle has been modded to provide realistic deformation, top speeds, weight, handling, crash physics, avoidance control, ai control and more! Finally you can drive around Los Santos in a vehicle that doesn't feel like a toy!
- In game relationships have been edited between the police, gangs, animals, and the player. This creates a much more lively environment, seeing gangs and police battle it out on the streets, and allowing the player to enjoy their encounters with animals to a higher degree! You can also stand closer to pedestrians for a longer time without them running away!
- All population levels have been increased by specific area, time, and day of the week. This provides realistic city rush hours, and a much more alive feeling to the city of Los Santos. All dlc vehicles now spawn in traffic naturally, as well as many other pedestrians, both ambient and scenario are now present on the streets!
- New activities and new faces!
- Accurate police patrols, on foot and in cruisers!
- All of the original weapons in game have been extremely modified. Every weapon now has realistic recoil, bullet spread, tracer fx, muzzle flash fx, reload animation speeds and more.
- Bullets now travel at a realistic speed instead of being instant hit.
- Certain materials can now be shot through, such as thin metal, wood, plastic, and other non metal/concrete/hard surface materials.
- Bullets can now shoot apart fences and other in game objects that were previously unbreakable.
- Helicopters now fire missiles semi auto!
- Changed grenade explosion to the rpg effect, and altered and changed every single explosion effect in the game.
- Accurate rag doll responses from weapon fire.
- Increased burn time, spread, and improved visual look of all fire and the materials it touches.
- Police and gang weapon loadouts have been modified to allow them carry different weapons and pack more of a punch!
- Realistic blood textures, as well as blood sprays and mist.
- Blood decals and damage now appear from a much farther distance.
- Overhauled bullet impact effects and particles. More and better controlled debris, as well as bigger environment bullet holes.
- Big overhaul to melee fighting and general ped interaction, kick less, punch faster, fight peds longer!
- Every weapon sound has been fully replaced with custom weapon sounds,bringing the immersion to an even deeper level!
Source | The Pinnacle of V