The latest Call of Duty: WWII update was released today on PS4 and Xbox One, and it's coming later today to PC. It brings a host of bug fixes and improvements, and it also includes weapon balance changes to guns ranging from LMGs to sidearms.
The weapon changes are probably the most noticeable parts of the patch, and it strengthens some guns while weakening others. The MP-40 and Thompson submachine guns have both received buffs to their fire rate, which will help bring them closer to the current favorite SMG, the PPSh. Further, the patch increases the Combat Shotgun's damage range. Finally, the entire LMG class of weapons gets a movement speed buff, while the MG-15 and Lewis LMGs both get reduced recoil.
Meanwhile, the FG-42 rifle has received a significant decrease in fire-rate, a change that will likely reduce the gun's dominance in the rifle class. Finally, the Machine Pistol's damage has been nerfed.
The patch also includes some tweaks and bug fixes, including UI improvements and a fix for the Zombies glitch that allowed players to deploy more than the maximum number of mines. You can read all of the changes in the patch notes below.
In related news, Call of Duty: WWII recently crossed $1 billion in sales, becoming this year's best-selling game. In addition, Activision gave a closer look at one of the maps coming in the next DLC pack.
- Fixed issue where Social Rank rewards were not granting
- Fixed issue where Confirmed Killer Order could be completed by collecting both friendly and enemy dog tags
- Fixed issue where Confirmed Denier Order was not tracking properly
- Other general UI fixes and improvements
- Buffed fire rate for MP-40 and M1928
- Buffed Combat Shotgun damage range
- Class-wide LMG movement speed buff and recoil buffs for MG15 and Lewis
- Nerfed fire rate for FG42 and adjusted recoil accordingly
- Nerfed Machine Pistol damage
- Fixed Ranked Play UI bug where rank icons changed to the placement match icon in the scoreboard that appears before the AAR
- Fixed UI issues with Zombies 2XP
- Fixed issue with Audio Log Recording Collectible
- Fixed issue where players were able to deploy more than maximum number of S-Mine 44 explosives, and lost those deployed over the maximum
- Fixed issue UI issue where kills with grenades were counting for the Blitz Used stat