Treyarch has been rolling out updates and patches for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 every few days since the game's release last month, and another one is now available for the title on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This update primarily resolves some lingering stability issues in Zombies mode, although the developer has also made a few tweaks to Blackout and multiplayer modes as well.
On the Zombies side, Treyarch has addressed a handful of crashes that would occur across all maps, as well as some specific to IX, Voyage of Despair, and Blood of the Dead. In particular, the studio fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when you're near the Mystery Box, as well as one that could occur when a zombie attacks you through a barricade. You can see the full list of fixes in the patch below.
In addition to the Zombies improvements, Treyarch has made a few weapon and equipment adjustments in the battle royale-like Blackout mode. Specifically, the developer has "slightly increased" damage from the Paladin HB50 "to reduce headshots required to take out an enemy equipped with Level 3 Armor and 200 Health from a Trauma Kit." Additionally, the studio has given players the ability to change stances after being hit by a concussion grenade.
Beyond all the tweaks and bug fixes, Treyarch has kicked off a new weekend event for Black Ops 4. From now until November 12, players will earn Black Market tier progression two times as fast in Blackout and multiplayer modes. Additionally, Zombies players will be able to earn twice the normal amount of Nebulium Plasma. The event is set to end on Monday at 10 AM PT / 1 PM PT.
There's still a lot more in store for Black Ops 4. Next week, Treyarch is introducing the fan-favourite Nuketown map to the game on November 13. Thanks to its timed exclusivity agreement with Sony, the map will be available first on PS4 before arriving on Xbox One and PC the following week. The developer also teases that "some major game updates" will also be coming next week.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 November 9 Update Patch Notes
- All players get 2X Tier Boost in MP and Blackout, plus 2X Nebulium Plasma in Zombies through 10 AM PT on Monday, Nov. 12.
- Resolved an issue that could cause the game to crash when the player is near the Mystery Box.
- Resolved an issue that could cause the game to crash when a player dies or leaves the game when using the Staff of Ra Special Weapon in the Chaos Story.
- Resolved an issue that could cause the game to crash when Zombies attack the player through barricades.
Voyage of Despair
- Resolved an issue that could cause the game to crash when a player leaves the game while using the Svalinn Guard.
- Resolved an issue that could cause the game to crash when a player leaves the game during the Main Quest.
- Resolved an issue where, if a player left a game while another player was contributing to their challenge, the remaining player would crash when attempting to complete the challenge.
Blood of the Dead
- Resolved two issues that could cause the game to crash when a player fails, bleed out, or leaves the game during portal events in the Main Quest.
- SMGs now have a one-hit kill potential at close range in Hardcore.
- Reduced Armor protection so that all weapons will now kill in 2 hits maximum in Hardcore.
- Hardcore Team Deathmatch and Hardcore Kill Confirmed now allow 2 of the same Specialist per team.
- Resolved an issue where players would not be kicked for inactivity in round-based game modes if the round ended before the kick timer.
- Paladin HB50
- Slightly increased damage to reduce headshots required to take out an enemy equipped with Level 3 Armor and 200 Health from a Trauma Kit.
- Enemies were escaping these fights with 4 Health, so we’re bumping the damage just enough to cover that gap.
- Concussion Grenade
- Players can now change stances after being hit with a Concussion Grenade. While players will still be slowed and overall disoriented, they’ll now have new opportunities to get back to the fight.
- With the removal of the 9-Bang from Blackout, we’ve added a scaled-back white flash screen effect to the Concussion Grenade and will monitor the performance of these balance changes closely.
- Changed the descriptions of Character Mission Items to clarify the unlock requirements per playlist (Solo, Duos, or Quads).