That's right, there are some new updates for the console versions of Minecraft! Starting July 1st, all the console versions of Minecraft will get a free update to version 1.17/TU25/CU14. It includes many new features and items in the game. This update is celebrating the PC Version of the game passing an amazing milestone of 20 million copies sold. This update will not only add new items but will add many new features that will make the console version seem more comparable to the Java version.
Below are some highlights of the new features.
This update also comes shipped with plenty of new items and item variations, such as new wood types and doors. These new items will help all you builders and red stone users. Here are the highlights!
- You will now be able to use the PC version of the crafting table that everyone loves.
- You now can change the game mode, difficulty, time, player spawns positions, cave sounds, and weather without having to quit the game.
- You can now customize super flat worlds so they fit your profiling and are only as vertical as you would like.
As for the DLC, the Minecon 2015 Skin Pack will hit the stores on both consoles starting July 1st and only be available to download for free for 15 days.
- Oak, Spruce, Jungle, and Birch variations of Fences, Gates, and Doors.
- Iron trapdoors
- Inverted Daylight Sensors
- Book & Quills
- Stained Glass
There also is a DLC exclusive to the PlayStation version of the game. This DLC is a new LittleBigPlanet pack that brings new skins, creatures, music, and textures. This mash-up pack will be on sale starting July 1st and cost £3.29/€3.99/$4.43.
That wraps up this update of Minecraft and hopefully there will be more to come soon! Also don't forget to snag your free Minecon skins while they are out!
Minecraft PC Sales Pass 20M, New Console Patch, & DLC
Mojang prepares to release a new update & DLC on the console version of Minecraft after the PC version reaches a milestone of 20 Million copies of...