Fantastic news today as Tripwire announce a second instalment in the Killing Floor series! Killing Floor 2 has been officially announced for “PC and SteamOS” just like the first game, and the studio has said they will be “cranking it to 11”, so expect something even more ferociously incredible than the first game, which is an excellent game.
Little is known about the game at this time, but some of the key features have been revealed;
As you can see, each of these is nearly more interesting than the last and will be sure to put the original to shame (and knowing how good the original is, this one will just be phenomenal).
- "Visceral Gore" - Tripwire says it has a new, "high-powered" persistent blood system that should bring "new levels of [blood] fidelity to the genre." You'll send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as you fight through enemies.
- Six-player co-op - You'll have a "multitude of varied playable characters" to choose from. You can also play the game solo.
- New enemies - Enemies new to the series, as well as fan-favorites from the original game (but with smarter AI), will be featured in Killing Floor 2.
- Weapons - Tripwire promises a range of offerings, including modern militaristic assault rifles, makeshift guns, and even "Mad Scientist" weapons."
- Perk system - The original game's perk system has been overhauled, Tripwire says, while new perks have also been added. Perks will progress with "meaningful talent choices" for specific playstyles, Tripwire says.
- Melee combat - Tripwire says Killing Floor 2 "reinvents melee combat completely." You'll be able to choose the type of melee attacks you want to perform, though there's no details on how this will work just yet.
Like the first game, Killing Floor 2 will take place in Europe during a time of chaos and apocalypse as all these creatures wreak havoc on the world. The sequel will be set a month after the original game and communications are down! This seems to be an exciting development in the Killing Floor world. Unfortunately there is no release date as of yet.
What do you think of this announcement? Personally I can’t wait. Killing Floor has always been one of my favourite games and I think I’m going to enjoy the second as much as the original especially with all these new features! The gore factor seems extreme and that’s always fun! Check out the teaser below!
If you haven't checked out the first Killing Floor, I highly recommend you do so right now, in fact you may want to read my review on the original, HERE.