On October 28th, get ready for the release of YouTube Red, a brand new experience for YouTube users. YouTube Red aims to give members more choice when watching content, new ways to support their favorite channels, and last but not least, ad-free videos. In addition to this, there will be a brand new YouTube Music app that will allow users to go on a journey through different songs, deepening on the initial track or artist you choose when starting up the app. While some users aren't in favor of paying $9.99 a month for ad-free videos when Adblock could be used as a free alternative, others are excited for the rest of the new features being brought to YouTube.
At only $9.99 per month, YouTube Red members will be able to watch any video on YouTube without advertisements. The fun doesn't end there, you'll also be able to save videos to your phone or tablet to suit your offline entertainment needs. Mobile users will also be able to play videos in the background, allowing them to seamlessly browse multiple apps while still being able to enjoy their favorite content. Your membership will work on any device you use, just as long as you're signed in to your account. This will include YouTube's gaming app, and the upcoming Music app which will be announced soon.
The YouTube Music app is designed to make discovering, watching, and listening to music easier for the user. All you have to do is select any song or artist and the app will play songs from YouTube's music catalogs. As a bonus, YouTube Red will work with Google Play Music. If you subscribe to one, you will automatically be granted access to the other.
Starting early next year, YouTube Red will be updated with new features. Members will have access to new original shows and movies from some of the biggest names on YouTube. PewDiePie will be teaming up with the creator and executive producers of The Walking Dead in a new series titled: Scare PewDiePie. He'll be encountering terrifying situations inspired by his favorite video games in this brand new reality-adventure series. Fight of the Living Dead, will be a social experiment reality show where popular YouTubers will be trapped in a realistic zombie apocalypse. They'll need to sharpen their instincts and battle the elements in order to survive the harsh new world. This is just a taste of all the exciting content the team at YouTube has in store for YouTube Red members. You can check out the rest of the upcoming original series and movies in the spoiler below.
You'll be excited to know that viewers in the U.S. can try YouTube Red for free with a one month trial on October 28th, with YouTube Music coming soon. Check out the link at the bottom of the article to get access to your free trial.
- Scare PewDiePie: In this reality-adventure series from the creator and executive producers of The Walking Dead at Skybound Entertainment and Maker Studios, experience thrills, chills and laughter asPewDiePie encounters terrifying situations inspired by his favorite video games.
- Sing It!: From Fine Brothers Entertainment and Mandeville Films comes SING IT!, a scripted comedy that lovingly satirizes the reality singing competitions that have become a centerpiece of pop culture.
- Lazer Team: In this feature-length action-comedy from Rooster Teeth and Fullscreen Films, four small-town losers stumble upon an alien ship carrying a mysterious cargo, leading to a battle to save Earth from an all-powerful enemy.
- A Trip to Unicorn Island: From the team at Astronauts Wanted, this feature-length movie gives fans an extraordinary look inside the life and journey of Lilly Singh as she embarks on a challenging 26-city global tour where she has to remember to practice what she preaches: happiness is the only thing worth fighting for.
- Untitled Joey Graceffa project: In this all-new reality adventure series, Joey Graceffa brings together an ensemble of top YouTubers for a murder mystery they'll never forget. They'll form alliances to survive, but little do they know that most won't make it out alive.
- 360 Project from MatPat of Game Theory: YouTube educator and pop culture expert MatPat fromThe Game Theorists invites the audience to come along for the ride in an innovative new series and 360 VR experience. In each episode Matt explores the real-life science behind popular video games by throwing gamers into the high-stakes scenarios they play through every day, from water jetpacks to haunted pizzerias.
- Single by 30: In this romantic drama series from Wong Fu Productions and New Form Digital, two high school best friends make a promise to get married if they’re still single at 30. A decade later, with 30 quickly approaching, their attempt at upholding their vow unfolds in unexpected ways. Starring Harry Shum, Jr. and Kina Grannis.
- Untitled CollegeHumor project: Written by and starring the cast of CollegeHumor, along with special guests, this new anthology series will take a dark and comedic look at the absurdity of Internet culture.
- Fight of the Living Dead: In an unprecedented social experiment reality show from Alpine Labs, Fight of the Living Dead takes popular YouTube talent and traps them in a frighteningly realistic zombie apocalypse. They must use their instincts and gaming skills to survive as they battle the elements for the ultimate prize of survival.
- I Am Tobuscus: From the mind of Toby Turner, this scripted comedy explores the world of a self-involved YouTube creator pursuing bigger stardom. The show features original music, and satirizes the hilarious details of being an eccentric, new-age celebrity.
Youtube Red Announcement
Youtube Red Trial
Thanks to Adolfin for submitting this topic!