- Pay N' Spray shops are no longer used to quickly repair your vehicle and repaint it. You can now fully customize your vehicle on par with Midnight Club: LA. That includes paint jobs, new wheels, window tints, grilles, spoilers and possibly more. You can also upgrade to suspension, engine and brakes.
- Tuning your vehicles engine is also an option. Make your vehicle accelerate quicker, handle better or go faster. If you tune too much, you can overtune your vehicle.
- Weapon-customization is important. You can now add laser sights, scopes, silencers, high capacity magazines and more to your weapons.
- Characters can also be customized with haircuts, new clothes, and tattoos.
- Mini-hesits are used to prepare the player for a major heist. This includes securing vehicles, outfits, masks, the getaway vehicle.
- Major heists will require perfect execution. Heists will require the perfect crew. The player must choose to go the cheap direction (less skilled crew members) or the expensive direction (more skilled crew members)
- Each character has a series of skill categories: Stamina, Shooting, Strength, Stealth, Flying, Driving, Mechanic and Lung Capacity.
- Each character has a special skill. There is a meter that shows how much you have. It drains after use and recharges slowly. Franklin's special is he can slow down time while driving. Trevor's special is he can do double damage and take half damage. Michael's special is his own version of bullet time.
- Franklin will be the best driver and Trevor will be the best pilot.
If you would like to know more, please visit the articles above!
- Despite Rockstar Games telling us we can't purchase properties, they have completely reversed that. You can now buy properties including houses, garages and businesses. For example, if you buy a taxi depot then you will never have to pay for a cab again.
- There are a ton of activities to do. Some include picking up hitchhikers, doing stunt jumps, flying challenges, yoga, golf, tennis and bike races.
- iFruit is the new in-game phone. It can be used to snap pictures. Those pictures can then be uploaded to Rockstar's Social Club. The phone also has built-in apps. Camera, internet, contacts, social media, calender and replay missions. There are three more that Rockstar has not revealed yet.
- You can combat roll from cover to cover.
- The character selection is divided into four triangles: Franklin, Trevor, Michael and Multiplayer Character
- Boats will include gear such as tanks, wetsuit and flippers for diving.
- Dying will reload the game from the last checkpoint, even if the other two characters are alive.
- It is the players choice to switch between characters. However character's dialogue will suggest when to switch. For example, if Michael and Franklin are overwhelmed by snipers, Michael could ask for Trevor's help indicating for the player to switch characters.
- There are restrictions to how often you can switch characters. For example, you can't leave a character with a wanted level so you must lose the heat first. There is a meter letting you know when you can swap characters.
- A deer and wildcat were seen in the mountains.
- Rockstar has said there will be five times more pedestrians then in GTA IV.
- There is an underwater ecosystem; "the sea is teaming with fish and sharks"
- Treasures can be found underwater, but other NPCs will also be looking for them too.