Sony Santa Monica has released a new update for PS4's God of War. Patch 1.20 is available to download now and introduces a few UI tweaks to the game, along with a major new feature: Photo Mode.
As Sony previously announced, Photo Mode allows players to take and edit screenshots of the game using a suite of filters, borders, and other customization options. After installing the update, players will be able to access the mode either through the Options menu or by enabling TouchPad Quick Access via the game's settings.
Players can move the camera around in Photo Mode with the left and right thumbsticks and pan up and down using the L2 and R2 buttons. The mode also features five tabs that let players adjust the field of view, exposure, and more. You can read a description of each tab, courtesy of PlayStation Blog, below:
In addition to Photo Mode, update 1.20 increases the text size of God of War's UI and menus. This marks the second time Sony Santa Monica has tweaked the game's text size; the developer added a slider in its previous God of War patch that allowed players to manually adjust the text, but that didn't make a significant difference. This update makes the text bigger all around, which should help improve readability. The developer has also introduced a new accessibility setting that gives players the ability to re-map Rage Mode, which is by default activated by clicking both thumbsticks.
- Camera: Adjust the Field of View, Focal Length, and Camera Roll.
- Aperture: Adjust the Depth of Field, Focus Distance, and F-Stop.
- Filters: Adjust the Film Grain, Exposure, Filter, and Filter Intensity options.
- Borders: Add a Vignette and adjust the Vignette Intensity and Vignette Falloff. This includes a variety of Border styles and the official God of War logo.
- Characters: Toggle the visibility of Kratos, Atreus, and all other characters in the scene. And my personal favorite, we’ve added the ability to change Kratos and Atreus’s facial expressions!