Ghost Recon Breakpoint has received another major patch, less than a month after update 1.0.3 released. If you're logging in for the new raid, you'll find that there's a big new download to get through. On PlayStation 4 and Xbox One the 184.108.40.206 update weighs in at 11.3 GB, whereas PC players will have to download 8.5 GB. Once they do, they'll find that there are now more customization options in the game than ever before--and new players will especially feel the benefits.
At the beginning of the game, post-patch, players will have 40 more items unlocked by default than they did before. This means that there will be more customization options than before, as you'll be able to kit your Ghost out with the following items right away:
- 5 vests (5.11 TACTEC Plate Carrier, 5.11 VTAC LBE, Blackhawk STRIKE Cutaway, Crye AVS1000, Blackhawk Strike Shoulder Pad)
- 5 pants (5.11 Apex, 5.11 Tactical Stryke Pant, Jeans, Cargo, Chino)
- 5 headgear (Crye Airframe, Reversed Cap, Military Cap, Berret, ACH Helmet)
- 2 gloves (S&S WetWorX, S&S WetWorX Assault)
- 4 boots (Under Armour Alegent, Under Armour Valsetz RTS, Under Armour Speed Freek, Under Armour Shoes Infiltrator)
- 4 gear paints (Gray Solid, Red Solid, Blue Solid, Coyote Brown Solid)
- 1 shirt (Vasily Sniper)
- 1 eyewear (Gatorz Magnum Sunglasses)
- 1 karambit (Casper)
- 4 emotes (Shotgun, Pistol, Rifle, Sniper)
- 4 emblems (Red Fox, Lion, Grizzly Bear, Golden Eagle)
- 4 card banners (Urban Tech, Mountain, Swamp, Coastal)
Additionally, players can now change the appearance of their face, as well as their gender, at any time from the menu. This will allow for a greater level of customization, and it means that you're not stuck if you decide, a few hours in, that you don't like your character. This is, thankfully, a far cry from the Ubisoft that once argued that letting you play as a woman in Assassin's Creed Unity would double the amount of work involved for the animation team.
Beyond this is a huge list of bug fixes and additions, including improved physics and handling for the Spider vehicle, a fix for an issue that was causing players to lose items when switching from PvP to PvE, and improvements to adaptive magazine pouches on tactical vests.
Ghost Recon Breakout is discounted during a few Black Friday sales. You can get the game digitally on both the Xbox Store and Ubisoft Store for 50% off, and it's also discounted on PlayStation 4.