Fortnite continues to evolve, and developer Epic Games has now released a new update for the game to iterate on it once more. The v3.5 content update--officially dubbed v3.5.2--reintroduces the limited time 50v50 mode and adds a new weapon, with plenty of bug fixes and balance tweaks also included in the patch.
Epic says 50v50 version 2 is "new and improved." Each team jumps out of their own bus and has 10 minutes to loot the map at the start of a round, during which time the storm closes in on an already-visible circle. You'll then have five minutes to fight, before another five minutes with the storm shrinking to the end. Supply drops come in batches of between three and six, fall every two minutes, and the only land inside the final storm circle.
Battle Royale's new weapon, meanwhile, is the Light Machine Gun. Its Rare variety deals 25 damage, while the Epic version deals 26, and they can be found in Floor Loot, Treasure Chests, and Vending Machines.
Elsewhere in the new update, recent changes to peeking have been rolled back after some players found they were accidentally shooting their own buildings. Finally, there are some big bonuses to be gained over the coming days. From now until Sunday, April 22, players will receive double experience points in Battle Royale and an Into the Storm Llama each day you log in to Save the World.
It's not clear, however, whether the 3.5.2 update includes the recently-announced changes to weapons' equip times. Epic previously stated the tweaks would come in this week's update, but there is no mention of them in the latest patch notes. The guided missile is gone now, after concerns over its balance and fairness. Take a look at the full patch notes below, via Epic.
Fortnite Update v3.5.2 Patch Notes
Table of Contents
- Fortnite Update v3.5.2 Patch Notes
- Battle Royale
- Limited Time Mode: 50V50 v2:
- Weapons And Items
- Save The World
- Missions And Systems
- Weapons And Items
- From Thursday, April 19 until Sunday, April 22 players will receive the following:
- 2x experience when playing Battle Royale.
- An Into the Storm Llama each day in Save the World.
- Remember to log in to claim your Llama on each of these days to collect all four.
- Resiliency improvements to help prevent extended downtime.
- Fix for a high-frequency crash on Xbox One
- Gifts of appreciation to our community for your patience during our unexpected downtime on 4/12 - Part 2:
- Battle Royale - 20 Battle Pass Stars
- Save the World - 1600 Seasonal Gold
Limited Time Mode: 50V50 v2:
- Peeking is being reverted back to how it functioned prior to v3.5.
- This should solve the issue causing players to accidentally shoot their own structures while trying to peek.
Weapons And Items
- Two teams of 50 fight to the finish!
- Due to this being a “large squad” mode, Profile Stats will not be tracked. Daily & Weekly challenges will still work, with the exception of the Squad-based challenges (‘Place Top 6 in Squads’, etc.).
- Storm and map:
- Each team has a bus, approaching the island from opposite directions. On the map, the friendly bus has a blue outline, the enemy has red.
- Final storm circle visible on the minimap at the start.
- Players have 10 minutes to loot the map as the storm closes in on the circle, then 5 minutes to fight, and another 5 minutes as the storm shrinks to the end.
- Supply drops come in batches of 3-6, fall every two minutes, and the only land in the final storm circle.
- Added a dotted line to map, which indicates the "battle lines" between the two teams. Crossing the line will make running into enemies more likely.
- Farming resources increased 75% over the default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor Loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
- Bug fixes and mode improvements:
- Fixed a bug that created uneven teams where one side could have more than 50 players.
- Downed players lose health more quickly than normal (10 health per tick).
Save The World
- Light Machine Gun added.
- Rare and Epic rarities.
- Can be found in Floor Loot, Treasure Chests, and Vending Machines.
- 25 / 26 damage (Rare / Epic).
- 100 round magazine, fires Medium ammo.
- 5 second reload time.
Missions And Systems
Weapons And Items
- Into the Storm: Encore
- Crank up the Steel Wool and get ready to fight as Lars continues his journey into the storm.
- Complete this new questline to unlock one of the four new Cyberpunk Heroes.
- Mercury LMG
- Energy assault weapon with a moderate rate of fire and large magazine size.
- Available in the Event Store at 8 pm EST on April 19.
Data Breach Warning!In case you aren't aware, there has been an extremely large date breach of emails and passwords posted online! This is just a warning to check and ensure that all of your personal accounts are secure and for you to update passwords where necessary!
You can check your emails and passwords here to see if they are apart of the dump, but we would recommend updating passwords as a precaution!
Please also ensure that 2FA is enabled on your account(s)! You can add it to your Se7enSIns account here!
Fortnite v3.5.2 Update Introduces 50v50 Mode: Patch Notes Here
Fortnite continues to evolve, and developer Epic Games has now released a new update for the game to iterate on it once more. The v3.5 content...