Epic Games has released the patch notes for Fornite's 6.10 update, which is rolling out on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android now. The major new addition to the Battle Royale mode is the Quadcrasher, a two-seater vehicle that has a boost function. This vehicle is perfect for smashing through structures, so will no doubt become key to securing those Victory Royales. The update also adds a new "Events" tab, where players will find in-game tournaments.
The patch also makes a variety of tweaks to the way the game performs and plays. For those on a PlayStation 4 Pro, Fortnite will now display at 1440p instead of 1080p when plugged into a 4K TV. In the weapons and items department, Port-a-Fortress has been disabled while Epic figures out an issue with it. Guided Missile, meanwhile, no longer fires the wrong direction, which is nice, and players will no longer permanently attach to a Supply Drop when grappling to it.
For those that want to see what's new with Save The World, check out the patch notes. The full Battle Royale changes can be found below, along with a video showing off the Quadcrasher.
Limited Time Mode: Disco Domination
Weapons + Items
- Reduced all bandage spawns by 50%.
- Removed all Common weapons.
- increased the variability of where you can spawn by 30% along your sides storm circle.
- Brought in the side dancefloors closer to the Storm edge.
- Reduced max respawn distance by 20%.
- The Port-a-Fortress has been disabled as we work to resolve some issues related to this item.
- The drop rate for Port-a-Fort increased from 3.05% to 4.89% while Port-a-Fortress is disabled.
- The goal is to keep the drop rate of Port-a-Fort the same as if both items were enabled to help with the completion of Challenges.
- Guided Missile no longer fires the wrong direction
- Players will no longer permanently attach to a Supply Drop when grappling to it.
- Attempting to fire while reloading the Double Barrel Shotgun will no longer interrupt the animation.
- Weapon equips animations no longer skip when simultaneously attempting to sprint and target.
- Seats two players.
- You build boost just by driving. Unleash that speed with the hotkey once you’ve filled your boost meter.
- Smash through buildings while boosting.
- Boost off ramps or cliffs to catch sick air.
- Launch players into the air by smashing into them.
- You can now view and change Edit Controls separately from Combat and Build Controls in the controller menu.
- PS4 controller lighting will match player marker colour.
- You can now set building mode sensitivity for controllers in the options menu. It is a multiplier on the default controller sensitivity and allows up to a 2x increase.
- Controller sensitivity slider in the options menu now allows for more than 10 values.
- Added an option to Builder Pro that allows for building as soon as you switch to the piece, instead of selecting first and then placing. This allows for faster building without a preview.
- Added an option that allows for edit hold timing to be adjusted.
- Opening the Emote Picker with a controller will happen when the button is released while holding the button will replay the emote that was last played.
- Fixed inconsistencies with the damage trap not triggering properly.
- Allow slight movement when using a consumable with Sprint by Default enabled. This will help match how it works without Sprint by Default enabled
- Fixed problem with character orientation getting stuck after falling off the island in a vehicle.
- Tournaments can be found inside of the new ‘Events’ tab available in the game. This tab will host a variety of online competitions which are open to everyone. Jump in and explore!
- Each tournament has a series of scheduled dates and times that the competition will be run. A carousel of all upcoming competitions and times will be available for browsing, so you can plan and practice.
- Every scheduled session is a completely clean slate with all players starting on an equal footing at the beginning of the play.
- Compete over the course of several hours to earn points by eliminating multiple opponents or surviving against the competition.
- Players are matched against opponents with similar scores during the session.
- Score enough points during any scheduled event session and you’ll earn a golden pin for that tournament!
- Weapon replication optimization for a dedicated server to reduce load during rapid weapon switching.
- We've made CPU performance optimizations on Switch across all threads. This results in a smoother gameplay experience and fewer hitches.
- Improve multi-threading during heavy physics simulation.
- Celebrate with style. The music selected in your Locker will now play after getting a Victory Royale!
- Remove the Doppler effect from the audio when players are gliding.
- Added an in-air loop to Grenade Launcher projectiles so you can spatialize where they’re coming from.
- Improved Grenade Launcher bouncing audio.
- Reduced volume of medium-range Grenade explosion sound.
- Cube ambient sounds no longer randomly play in the middle of matches.
- Sequential explosion sounds no longer interrupt each other.
- Added missing audio to the Compact SMG and SMG medium/distant fire sounds.
- Audio ‘pops’ no longer occur when emoting music loops.
- Re-added the audio cue that plays before a new wave of Supply Drops start appearing.
Art + Animation
- Fixed some touch issues for the controller mapping screen on Switch.
- Fixed a bug where the player's banner in the top bar would not update when changing the banner in the locker.
- Made the reticle hidden when skydiving.
- Fixed issues with the display of the on-screen map and inventory inputs.
- Fixed issues with touch functionality on the map for the Nintendo Switch
- Resource buttons no longer cancel auto-run.
- Cosmetic items that change in some way over the course of a match are now marked as "Reactive" in-game (e.g., a harvesting tool that changes as you get eliminations).
- Fixed visual display issues with cosmetic music items.
- Animation pops no longer occur while in the air after using the Chiller trap.
- Fixed an issue causing the first replay not be selected in the replay browser.
- Fixed the nameplate distance slider not working.
- Fixed an issue where firing guided missiles would start with the camera facing the wrong way in replays.
- Major performance improvement for devices running Android 7 or earlier.
- Memory improvements on iOS devices.
- The first weapon you pick up will now auto-equip itself on mobile.
- Touch control input now has smoothing enabled.
- Tapping selected buttons on the build quickbar will once again build the selected build piece.
- All elements in the Mobile HUD should now be placeable/movable in the HUD Layout Tool.
- Updated visuals for independent Quickbar slots in the HUD Layout Tool.
- Drag and drop on the Quickbar will no longer select the thing you drag. Players can now adjust their inventory without interrupting other actions.
- Fixing a bug causing some touch input to fall through the settings screen to gameplay.
- Fixing edit button visibility issues when crouching on Mobile.
Data Breach Warning!In case you aren't aware, there has been an extremely large data breach of emails and passwords posted online! This is just a warning to check and ensure that all of your personal accounts are secure and for you to update passwords where necessary!
You can check your emails and passwords here to see if they are apart of the dump, but we would recommend updating passwords as a precaution!
Please also ensure that Two-Step Verification is enabled on your account(s)! You can add it to your Se7enSins account here!
Fortnite Update 6.10 Patch Notes: Quadcrasher Added, Port-a-Fortress Disabled, And More
Epic Games has released the patch notes for Fornite's 6.10 update, which is rolling out on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android...