Final Fantasy lovers (SharpGhost) I have some news for you! If you have Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS3, a free upgrade to PS4 has now been made available by Square Enix. All you have to do to get this free upgrade is access your Mog Station and click on the big "PS4 Upgrade" button. This upgrade will be available up until the 31st of December this year.
Whether you did the upgrade or pre-ordered a new PS4 version of the game, you can still get early access allowing you to play until the official launch on the 24th of April. Those that took place in the open beta will be required to download a 147 megabyte patch to play.
If you own the PS3 version of the game and don't want to buy a PS4, you may want to change your mind about it since when multiplayer becomes available for the PS4, you will no longer be able to access multiplayer on the PS3. But fortunately if your currently playing and decide to upgrade, all data including characters, will be carried over if you upgrade through the Mog Station.
Here are some warnings regarding the upgrade from Square Enix:
- Upgrading should not be confused with registering a PlayStation®4 license in addition to the PlayStation®3 version. After upgrading, you will no longer be able to access FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn using your PlayStation®3.
- Please be reminded that after completion, the upgrade process cannot be undone.
- Upon completing the upgrade process, a PlayStation®4 system will be required to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.
- All FINAL FANTASY XIV service account data including characters and in-game items will be carried over upon upgrading to the PlayStation®4 version.
- Users who wish to play on both the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 must purchase a separate copy of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn for the PlayStation®4.
- The upgrade campaign will be offered from April 11, 2014 until December 31, 2014.