A new patch is coming soon for the Dragon Ball FighterZ, and it'll make changes to the fighting game's modes, characters, and other features. The complete patch notes were posted on the Bandai Namco Facebook page and can be seen in full below.
For the training mode, this patch fixes a bug that caused the Assist Gauge to replenish when the player continuously guards and another that fixes an animation issue. There is also a new feature added in the patch called Party Match; this allows you to find matches with five other players. Additionally, the controller will now rumble in Ranked and Casual modes when the game has found an opponent; a small change, but a welcome-sounding one.
In terms of character changes, do not expect balance changes, but instead bug fixes. Specifically, the update fixes a bug that stopped Goku Black from vanishing after using the special move "The Work of a God" after an Ultimate Z change. Additionally, there was a bug that stopped Frieza from using the "You Must Die by My Hand" movie when on the ground in some circumstances, but this new patch will fix that.
Dragon Ball FighterZ is available now on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Critic Peter Brown awarded the title a 9/10 in GameSpot's Dragon Ball FighterZ review and said, "Even if you think Dragon Ball is old hat, and even if you're intimidated by fighting games, there's a good chance you'll be drawn into the explosive action and personalities that expertly evoke the anime's infectious spirit."
If you're still new to the Dragon Ball fighting game, we've put together a guide of tips and everything you need to know about Dragon Ball FighterZ. We've also detailed how to find all the Dragon Balls and summon Shenron during a match, as well as how to unlock Android 21, Super Saiyan Blue Goku, and Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta.
Dragon Ball FighterZ Patch Notes:
- PARTY MATCH: Added the Party Match feature which enables automatic match-up with 5 other players to play a Party Match.
- REPLAY CHANNEL: Expanded Replay Channel functions (added "Followed Player Channel" and "Search Channel") - Previous replay data will be deleted
- RANKED MATCH / CASUAL MATCH: Added controller vibration to indicate when an opponent has been found
- ARCADE MODE: Added "Return to Character Selection" and "Return to Course Selection" after completing a course
- TRAINING MODE: Fixed a bug that shows the Dragon Balls collection animation while options were set on "Do not display"
- TRAINING MODE: Fixed a bug that made the Assist Gauge recover when player guards continuously
- BATTLE TUTORIAL: Fixed a bug that prevented the UI to be displayed properly when player passes the objective right after the beginning of the match
- GOKU BLACK: Fixed a bug that prevented the character to disappear when Goku Black's Special Move " The Work of a God " was used after an Ultimate Z Change
- ANDROID 21: Fixed bug that prevented Android 21 from disappearing immediately after she is called in for a Z-Assist and the main character takes damage
- ANDROID 21: Fixed a red visual bug when Android 21 is called in for a Z-Assist and the main character takes damage
- FRIEZA: Fixed a bug that prevents Frieza to properly use "You Must Die by My Hand!" when lying on the ground after his Golden Frieza transformation
- HIT: Fixed a bug that prevents the "Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack" effect to disappear when used during Ultimate Z Change and Hit's Meteor Special Attack
- HIT: Fixed a bug that prevents the Z-Assist character to disappear when the main character is damaged at the very same moment by Hit's "I Keep Improving" attack
- TIEN: Fixed a bug that makes a character invisible when both the main character and Z-Assist character are damaged by Tien's attack "Farewell, Tien…"
- CAPTAIN GINYU: Fixed a bug that allows Ultimate Z Change to be performed with less than 3 gauges after performing "Powerful Energy Wave"
- MAJIN BUU: Fixed a bug that makes the opponent invincible if Majin Buu's "Standing Light - Follow Up 2" and the opponent's Super Dash hit simultaneously
- ANDROID 18: Fixed a bug of voice/mouth synchronization when special dialogues are played against Piccolo and Vegeta
- SHENRON: Fixed a bug that prevents Destructive Finish and Stage Destruction effects to appear with a character resurrected by Shenron
- SUPPORT CHARACTERS: Fixed a bug that prevents voices of Support Characters (like Android 17 or Ginyu Force) to be played normally when called into battle
- DRAGON RUSH: Fixed a bug that reversed the guard controls when a character is being changed by a Dragon Rush