Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is now ready to take advantage of the PS4 Pro when it releases this November, developer Eidos Interactive announced on the Square Enix forums. The latest patch adds support for the upgraded PS4, in addition to HDR for all PS4 systems and the Xbox One S.
"[Mankind Divided] will support 4K resolution and graphic improvements on PS4 Pro," the official Deus Ex Twitter account confirmed.
In addition to the new support, the patch adds new content and features to the game's Breach mode. Players now have access to a new Overworld map, the new Santeau Corporation, and new skins for the Ripper weapon, which can be customized to change its appearance.
The patch also fixes bugs on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The console version of the game see crashes, freeze states, and permanent flashbang and typhoon effects rectified. Additionally, if you saved the game while enemies were searching for you before downloading the day one patch and then updated to it, everyone would continue looking for you forever on that specific save file. This has now been fixed.
The PC version sees two bug fixes. The game should no longer crash when loading a save file, and players shouldn't get stuck on the side mission 1011000 any longer. There are also some DX12-specific changes, which are only applicable to users that are playing the DX12 preview beta branch on Steam. Load times and performance stability have both been improved, while an issue that could cause a DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG error has been fixed.
You can see the full list of notes below.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided recently saw the release of its System Rift DLC, which features a self-contained story set in an entirely new area of Prague. It sees the return of Human Revolution character Frank Pritchard. It costs $10 on its own or $30 as part of the season pass, which also includes another story expansion, A Criminal Past. That DLC releases early next year.
PS4/Xbox One Features
PS4/Xbox One Bug Fixes
- HDR support for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One S
- PlayStation 4 Pro support
New Breach Content and Features for All Platforms
- Crash during the shooting range tutorial
- After talking to Vega, a freeze would occur when the player left the poor District, after seeing Miller first
- Koller's fate after completing All in the Family, if the player spared Gallois
- Exiting a tutorial during a flashbang\typhoon effect would cause the flashbang\typhoon effect to stay on screen permanently
- Rarely, the hallway leading to Talos Rucker's room would not stream in after reaching the top of the elevator
- Saving on the base build while NPCs are in search state and updating to day one patch, would cause the NPCs to search forever on that save
PC Bug Fixes
- Avatar customization (possibility to change the appearance of the Ripper in-game)
- Overworld Map
- New Santeau Corporation (New Maps and Darknet file)
- New UI for avatar customization
- New items: Premium Ripper Skins (2)
- New item: Premium weapon (1)
- Fixed an issue where some players would crash when loading their save game.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the side mission: 1011000
DX12-specific Changes (only applicable to the DX12_preview branch)
- Fixed an issue that could cause a DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG error.
- Improved performance stability, this should result in less stuttering.
- Slightly improved loading times.