A new update has arrived for Destiny that deals primarily with tweaking the game's economy, and in particular, Silver Dust. Bungie says update 22.214.171.124, which is out now on PS4 and Xbox One, is "intended to improve the quality of life in Destiny: Rise of Iron." Following the patch, Rise of Iron Vanguard and Crucible weapons should now decrypt from Engrams. You'll now more reliably see Skeleton Keys drop from the Taken Archon Priest in the Winter's Run Strike; previously, they weren't dropping "at the intended rate." SIVA Key Fragments will drop more frequently in the raid. And you'll also no longer see players on the rooftops of the Skyline map in Crucible.
On the economy side, armor obtained by decrypting Dusty Iron Engrams no longer dismantles into Legendary Marks; instead, you'll receive one Silver Dust. This is one of two changes involving Silver Dust, the other being that it's no longer required when applying Ornaments to Iron Lord, Trials of Osiris, and Heroic raid armor. Further adjustments are on the way, as discussed briefly in a forum post from Bungie.
"We are currently working on several changes to the Silver Dust economy to improve the player experience," Bungie explained. "We want to ensure that players who are completing Rise of Iron's pinnacle challenges feel rewarded for their success. ... The Silver Dust requirement for applying Exotic Weapon Ornaments will remain, as the Silver Dust required for application is provided by the Radiant Treasure box.
"These changes are being made to promote a positive player experience as well as accommodate future changes and balances to the Eververse and Silver Dust economy which we will reveal in our winter release."
You can check out the full patch notes below.
Destiny 126.96.36.199 Update Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where The Taken Archon Priest in the Winter's Run Strike was not dropping Skeleton Keys at the intended rate
Fixed an issue where players were able to access the rooftops on Skyline
- Fixed an issue where Rise of Iron Vanguard and Crucible weapons were not decrypting from Engrams
- Fixed an issue where Comitatus was continuing to not drop properly from Faction Packages for players who own Kondratyuk's Escape
- Fixed an issue where Armor decrypted from Dusty Engrams was dismantling into Legendary Marks
- It will now dismantle into 1 Silver Dust
- Removed Silver Dust cost to apply Iron Lord, Trials of Osiris, and Heroic Mode Raid Armor Ornaments
- Players will now earn SIVA Key Fragments at an overall increased rate
- The first time a Raid boss is killed on Normal difficulty they will drop three SIVA Key Fragments. For the next kill that week, they will drop two, and then one for the third kill that week
- After the fourth or greater kill, the boss will no longer drop SIVA Key Fragments for the week
- The same behavior will occur for killing Heroic bosses