The second week of Destiny 2's holiday event, The Dawning is here with the December 18 weekly update, along with the third of the new Forge activities that are part of the game's most recent expansion, The Black Armory. Adding to the new and ongoing content is another of Bungie's quality-of-life updates to the game, and this one makes it easier for people who are behind on the endgame to catch up a little more quickly.
The primary focus of Update 2.1.3, which Bungie detailed on its blog, is a change to Prime Engrams for players who are below Power level 600, which is the character level cap for the Forsaken expansion. It's since been raised to 650 for all players to correspond with the release of The Black Armory, and if you want to play the new content that's part of the Destiny 2 annual pass, you need to get over 600. With Update 2.1.3, Prime Engrams will now drop at higher levels for players under 600, which will speed up their ascent to peak Power levels, as well as endgame content.
Apart from that change, the patch mostly includes a bunch of small fixes to various annoying bugs. For example, it reduces recoil for the SUROS machine gun Avalanche, which is one of the rewards for completing Dawning activities. The patch also allows you to get Black Armory bounties from Ada-1, even if you haven't completed a forge ignition first.
Read the full patch notes below.
- Fixed an issue where the final boss encounter of Scourge of the Past would not end properly.
- Fixed animation error on Awoken Corsairs so that they no longer pretend to hold invisible rifles.
- Fixed a rare bug in Scourge of the Past where players would not receive a Phase Radiance buff when meleeing a terminal.
- Fixed an error on Brakion's weapon so that he can once again shoot at Guardians.
- Players will now spawn insides the arena with the downed ship rather than reusing the previous phase's spawn points that placed them behind the spawned encounter barrier.
- Fixed an issue where Heavy Ammo was not spawning appropriately on Convergence
- Players under 600 Power may now receive higher-powered rewards when completing Director Challenges.
- Fixed an issue where weapon frames would be removed from inventory in error when completing alternate forges.
- Fixed an issue where players were not rewarded properly when completing a forge activity that was joined in progress.
- Players may now access forge bounties before completing a forge activity.
- Fixing an issue where players were not properly granted the Scourge of the Past Emblem or Triumph for completing the activity within the first 24 hours.
- Fixed an issue where submachine guns awarded by research weapon frames were not dropping with the appropriate perks.
- Completing and claiming the Dreaming City Triumph "Ascendant Paragon" will always properly grant the Secret Victories Emblem and its Transcendent variant. Players who already claimed this record will have the variant automatically unlocked on reaching orbit.
- Removed Season 4 shader Crucible Solemnity as a requirement for the "Forged in Fire" Collections Badge.
- Fixed an issue where players weren't properly being granted Harbinger's Echo if they destroyed eggs across multiple characters. For affected players, the Sparrow will appear in inventory and be unlocked in Collections upon reaching orbit.
- Removed Annual Pass requirement for claiming the "Curator of the Black Armory" Triumph.
- Fixed an issue where the "Envoy While it Lasts" bounty did not display properly for players using Spanish, Russian, or French languages.
- Fixed an issue where Season of the Forge shaders was not dismantling quickly.
- Pressing reload while charging a fusion rifle will initiate a reload. Previously, pressing reload while charging a fusion rifle did nothing.
- Fixed an issue where SUROS Machine Guns (Avalanche) had more recoil than intended.