Call of Duty: WWII's launch has been commercially and critically successful, but it's not been without its problems. Thankfully, a new PS4 / Xbox One update is out now, which developer Sledgehammer says helps solve some of the game's issues, improves weapon balance, and more.
Aside from general "connectivity improvements and optimizations," the patch brings with it "stability improvements and bug fixes" for in-game leaderboards, after they had to be temporarily suspended following "extremely high demand." There was no mention, however, of returning Headquarters to a social experience after it was made a solo one for the same reason.
The update also nerfs and buffs a handful of weapons. The Walther toggle action shotgun, Bren LMG, and LMG bipod have all been boosted, while the BAR, STG44, FG42, and machine pistol are all weaker now than before.
The patch weighs in at around 1.1 GB and is out now on PS4 and Xbox One; Sledgehammer says another update for consoles will follow within a day, and that a PC patch is coming soon. See more details about today's update and all its tweaks in the patch notes are below, via Sledgehammer.
Call Of Duty: WWII Update 1.05 Patch Notes
Multiplayer Weapon Tuning Updates
- Connectivity improvements and optimizations
- Fixed de-ranking issues
- Addressed an issue where players encountered an infinite load screen
- Leaderboard stability improvements and bug fixes
- General UI improvements
- Loading optimizations
- Splitscreen functionality improvements
- Added new unlock inventory stars to indicate when new items are added
- Adjusted hit marker audio to be higher default level (note: can be adjusted in settings)
- Fixed out of world exploits on Gustav Cannon and Sainte Marie du Mont
- Espionage Basic Training - Reduced painted time from 10 seconds to 6. Made it so only bullet damage paints you.
- Weapon tuning to allow for one shot kills outside of hardcore mode, enabling challenge completion.
- Fixed infinite flamethrower bug
- XP Earn rate tuned in Operation Neptune
- Fix issue of shotgun variants not appearing
- Emblem Editor and visualization improvements
- GameBattles Improvements
- Fixed Gridiron Ball exploits
- Walther Toggle Action Shotgun - Damage increased at extremely close range
- Bren LMG - Increased damage per shot
- LMG Bipod - Sped up ADS time when in bipod stance
- BAR Rifle - decreased fire rate and widened hip fire spread
- STG44 Rifle - widened hip fire spread
- FG42 Rifle - increased recoil and widened hip fire spread
- Machine Pistol - decreased damage ranges
Nazi Zombies Updates
- Fixed a bug with all Sniper Rifles zooming to exact center when aiming down the sights.
- Zombie Map Exploit Fix - clipping into a zombie spawn closet using revive mechanic in Laboratory
- Fixed Klaus pathing
- Fixed out of world exploit - The Final Reich