Rockstar Games is making Bully available for Android and iOS devices to celebrate the 10th anniversary of its release. The game is already available on the Google Play store for £4.99 and is expected to show up on the App Store later today.
This mobile version is developed by War Drum Studios, which has also worked with Rockstar for the mobile releases of Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto 3, and Max Payne.
"Bully: Anniversary Edition includes everything from the critically acclaimed Bully: Scholarship Edition plus support for high-resolution displays, enhanced graphics, improved lighting and textures, and controls redesigned for touch gameplay, all while adding multiplayer with new Friend Challenges," reads the Google Play Store description.
"Friend Challenges are head-to-head classroom and arcade style mini-games: see who can dissect the frog fastest in Biology, solve word problems in English, help a flying squirrel destroy his enemies with acorns in Nut Shots, and much more."
Here's a complete feature list, courtesy of Rockstar:
- Includes the complete Bully story with extra missions, characters, classroom mini-games, and unlockable items from Bully: Scholarship Edition
- Gorgeous graphics: high resolution textures, dynamic lighting, shadows and particle effects
- Native support for high resolution displays
- Challenge your friends anywhere with turn based multiplayer Friend Challenges. Play on the go and get notified when it’s your turn
- Intelligent touch controls with contextual buttons only when you need them
- Seamlessly continue your game across all your devices with cloud saves via the Rockstar Games Social Club
- Physical controller support
Bully and Manhunt, two Rockstar classics from the PlayStation 2-era, were unexpectedly released on the PlayStation 4 in March. Both titles upscale to 1080p and have been retrofitted with Trophy support.