View the Post on the Blog
To fans and those faithful to the Assassin's Creed series, one may rejoice in the news of set in steel features and details to debut in the upcoming Assassin's Creed game set for an October release. Such news surely brightens a Monday, which, for some, is usually dull and monotonous. Without further adieu, take a gander at the list of confirmed details and features that will irrevocably be included in the final version of Assassin's Creed 3!
- Connor - British/ native American Indian
- Scalping was removed as Connor's heritage suggests his tribe didn't scalp.
- 2000 characters on screen
- Gameplay across huge battle grounds
- Time runs between reloads
- New seamless multi kills
- Ranged combat with musket or bow
- Close combat with pistols, hidden blade or tomahawk
- Double the development team compared to previous games
- Auto crouch stealth when entering foliage
- Snow/ changeable weather such as rain and fog
- Footprints can be used for tracking
- Blood trails can be used for tracking
- Animals like wolves will attack in packs
- Bears can randomly attack
- Animals hunt each other
- Towns have more people that will interact with Connor
- Dogs will roam in towns
- Children in towns will feature for the first time
- Leap of faith into moving carts
- You can now lean against cover
- Different levels of enemy skill
- You can fully explore the world
- Climbing trees offer fluid animations
- Branches bend due to weight
- You can now skin animals for hides - clean skin when killed with knives, messy skin with musket - due to pellet holes.
- Twin pistol, tomahawk, hook rope, hidden blade weapons
- Gadgets like smoke bombs return
- Moving leaps of faith
- Jump onto moving items whilst in pursuit or chasing
- Run through interiors whilst being chased
- Boston/ New York and wilderness setting
- Wilderness is like 1.5 times of Rome - 2km squared
- Anvil new game engine
- Better cloth physics
- More bones in faces
- The Animus is now more 3D and integrated into the game world
- 2 years in the making
- Historical facts a big part of the story
- Historical figures like George Washington to feature accurately
- Combat is more brutal - axe to face as an example.
- Snow depth can hamper movement speed
- Ice and wet terrain can be slippery
- Foggy/sunshine weather conditions
- Day and night cycle returns
- Grab guns from racks whist on the run
- Foliage parts as Connor runs through it
- Connor fights the oppressive regime
- 1770s time period
- Trees used to cross wide streets
- Wilderness activities/missions constitute 30 per cent of missions
Assassin's Creed 3 takes placed in colonial America during the American Revolution. Stepping into the shoes of a man named Connor, a man of half English and half Native American ethnicity. After Connor's home was brutally attacked by white colonists, Connor retaliates against the very tyrannies that lead the attack against his people. Notable figures in history will make a cameo in the game. A few in this list include, but hopefully not limited to, George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and Charles Lee; the premise for this game already looks incredible and breath taking. Hitching control of a lethal and armament aplenty assassin during the Revolutionary War, a war that ultimately gave true independence and birth to America, is quite spectacular to begin with. Additionally, with all the conspiracies that still exist about the war and certain historical figures, one can anticipate a storyline that will have you guessing on what will happen next whilst certain events in the game will perhaps be connoting deeper meanings in the mentalities and actions of real people that existed during the Revolutionary War.
Nevertheless, transcending from the restrictive gameplay due to technological constraints that were present in the previous two Assassin Creed games, one can expect numerous twists in the combat system to be present. However it is undoubtedly the gameplay system that made Assassin's Creed famous and more than enjoyable will be the primary foundation of the gameplay. If you were not a fan of the series, now would be a great time to start!
Assassin's Creed 3 is due for an October 30th, 2012 release date.
Written by SharpGhost