Nintendo released a new update for Arms today, adding yet another new fighter to the Switch fighting game’s roster. Welcome Dr. Coyle, aka “the rad scientist,” the director of Arms Laboratories.
Dr. Coyle brings the core roster of Arms to 15 fighters. Her arsenal consists of three new arms: Lokjaw, a fire-breathing arm cobbled together using spare parts from Arms Labs; Parabola, a “DIY gem made out of an umbrella, some infrared sensors, and an outdated electrode;” and Brrchuk, a “nunchuk that freezes its surroundings with a cyclone of chilly wind.”
Here’s Dr. Coyle’s bio, from the official Arms website:
She's the director of ARMS Laboratories, and a certified genius. Fascinated with ARMS since she was a young girl, Dr. Coyle decided early on to devote her entire life to ARMS research. Her plans for this research are not necessarily nefarious... She simply wants to be the most powerful ARMS fighter of all time...even if that means subjecting herself to her own experiments. But all her pain and hard work will be worth it if she wins the ARMS Grand Prix!
Nintendo also released a new stage for Arms titled [Name Redacted]. (That’s the actual name, we’re not censoring it.) You can see the new stage and Dr. Coyle in action in the trailer above.
Here’s everything that’s included in today’s version 5.0 update for Arms, via Nintendo of America’s support website:
- New fighter “Dr. Coyle” is now available. Play the Grand Prix at LV6 or higher as someone other than Dr. Coyle and see what happens…
- New ARM “Lokjaw” added.
- New ARM “Parabola” added.
- New ARM “Brrchuk” added.
- New stage [NAME REDACTED] added.
- For Grand Prix LV6 and lower, the computer will now get stronger as you get deeper into the Grand Prix.
- For Grand Prix LV7, the computer will start out strong right from the first match, as usual.
- You can now view stats from previous Party Crash events in “Stats.”
- Added new badges related to Dr. Coyle.
- Fixed issue in online play where the healing area created by HP Juice would sometimes shift position.