• Start date
  • Views 9,924
4o3Modz

4o3Modz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys,

This is my first tutorial, i figured many people would not think of using this method to chat with the friends, so i decided to post it. :smile:

Here's a tutorial on how to talk to multiple friends while playing search and destroy, or any other game type that prohibits you from using party chat while playing.

For this to work, you are going to need:

A Brain
A Laptop/Desktop Computer Nearby (Mac/PC)
A Headset (Many work, i used my Turtle Beach x11's)
An Audio Splitter
A 3.5 Male To Male Audio Cable

• First off, you need to download Skype , and set it up on your Mac/PC. Create an account that is easy to remember and resembles your Xbox Live Gamertag, so your friends can find you easier.
  • Next, get out your headset of choice, and plug the headset in as follows:
    unledqz.png

You need to follow this EXACTLY or you will not be able to hear your friends and game sounds at the same time. The reason for the audio splitter is to get both your friends voices and game sounds going to the same channel on your turtle beaches, or headset, etc.
  • Now log into Skype on your computer, add your friends (They need to follow this tutorial as well to be able to chat with them) and chat away! no restrictions on what game type you play with them because you are not chatting through your Xbox, you are chatting through your computer.

The whole point of this tutorial was so that you can chat with multiple friends while playing search and destroy, because i find it annoying that when i want to play search, i have to switch to game chat, and i cannot talk to my friends at the same time. This can also be used so when you die in search and destroy, you can still talk to your friends who are living. You can also chat cross-platform, as long as your friends are using Skype and a decent headset.

4o3Modz

Desire

Desire

VIP
VIP
Retired
MotM Legendary Veteran End of the Year 2011
Reaction score
Sin$
Good job, never heard of this. It could be real useful.

rhcprawsome

rhcprawsome

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
or a cellphone (xbox mics are the exact same as cell phone)

OctaVariuM

OctaVariuM

+4626-COMFORTZONE
VIP
Retired
Journalist MotM Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I know you can talk in a private chat with one friend. I have been doing that a lot lately.

But, nice post. Kind of obvious, but a well displayed and thought out thread.

B

BejeweledCarrot

Reaction score
Sin$
I know you can talk in a private chat with one friend. I have been doing that a lot lately.

But, nice post. Kind of obvious, but a well displayed and thought out thread.
haha thanks, but kinda complex. we DO have Team Tac search aswell

I

iS M E L L Yo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
good post

its alot of work probably easier to go game chat :wink:

nice post +rep

Pyua

cxrl

Getting There
Frame In Gold Hardened Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
wtf if you have x11's you just plug them straight into your computer/laptop without all the splitters

M

Monstr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
actually that xbox mic is 60 bucks a year.....still cheaper than a cell phone....but just sayin lol.

A cell phone mic, not a cell phone.
If you knew how to interpret the way people word sentences you wouldn't be so confused.

and @4o3, you do realize just because you are using a third party software to, in absolutely no way be connected to the thing you are bypassing in any way.

Seriously you do realize I can word this entire thing, but instead of Skype I could say, MSN, TeamViewer Voice call, Ventrilo, a PS3 Chat, or even going to someone else house.
This is in no way a glitch, only an exploit of products around you.

To whoever rep'd him your even more oblivious.

P

pickin6strings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you knew how to interpret the way people word sentences you wouldn't be so confused.

and @4o3, you do realize just because you are using a third party software to, in absolutely no way be connected to the thing you are bypassing in any way.

Seriously you do realize I can word this entire thing, but instead of Skype I could say, MSN, TeamViewer Voice call, Ventrilo, a PS3 Chat, or even going to someone else house.

Ohhhhhhhhhh so when you say "cell phone" it actually means "cell phone mic." Who woulda ever f*ckin knew!

love your logic.

4o3Modz

4o3Modz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

A moderator moved this to Black Ops Glitches, i intended it to be in the Xbox 360 tutorials section.
but yes, you are quite right in the way that you could use anything else, but Skype is the most reliable program that i have used to talk to more that 4 people at once. I have tried MSN and i know you cannot do this.

Also, people plus repped me for a reason. Because they thought the post was helpful or a good idea.

If your going to flame and put down the idea, gtfo out of this thread because I'm only trying to provide this tutorial for people who have not thought of this.

wtf if you have x11's you just plug them straight into your computer/laptop without all the splitters

plug your x11's into your computer and tell me if you can hear sounds for the game your playing through them, you will not be able to. the splitter is there so you can hear both your friends on the computer and the sounds in game. The only downside to this idea is that it renders the "Chat" volume adjusting useless because both chnnels are going throgh the "Game" volume channel.

M

Monstr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ohhhhhhhhhh so when you say "cell phone" it actually means "cell phone mic." Who woulda ever f*ckin knew!

love your logic.

or a cellphone (xbox mics are the exact same as cell phone)

Is your Xbox Mic the same as your Cell Phone?
And if you knew proper grammar you would just expect the 's, at the end of the sentence otherwise it doesn't make sense, but it might of made sense to someone illiterate.

T

someguy6322

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
People actually gave rep for this? Wow what is up with people these days?

Top Bottom
Login
Register