What's new

Discussion Troll Xbox Live with improved voice quality!!

• Thread starter walkerneo
  • Start date
  • Views 28,192
walkerneo

walkerneo

Reaction score
Sin$
I can't tell you how excited I was when I heard that they were going to improve the voice chat quality. I could finally put some old purchases to use, and now I can make a tutorial on it too!

Basically, you're going to be playing audio of your choice (I chose Rick Astley :wink:) through the mic with great quality and listening to the reactions.

Supplies:
Anything electronic that plays music (ipod or nearby computer is best).​

All you need to do is plug the 3.5mm jack into the audio out of the electronic device, plug the 2.5mm end into the controller, and play your music!!! Also, go to preferences and go to voice, and have it play through both speaker and mic so you can hear the reactions. If you want to test it, create a voice message and record, then play it back and hear the pristine quality of your trolling!

Another, more complicated way to do it is to get these two:

and follow the crude example below
crude.png

HAVE FUN!!!

EDIT!!!:

Soundboard for extra lulz:

http://www.instantsfun.es/

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
xILemonHeadIx

xILemonHeadIx

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I do this and use "Natural Reader 9" and select the ms voice to sound like a robot :biggrin:

Also soundboards are good to use and always get good laughs :biggrin:

M

molokaiboi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Screw Rick Astley, I'm playing the imperial march now!
Haha i downloaded that song a day ago and it just came on as I was reading your post and i busted out laughing. and i agree that would be an amazing idea to do that :biggrin:

Skip

Skip

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Ordered :lol:
just €1.13 :smile:
+Rep

Screw Rick Astley, I'm playing the imperial march now!
What about:
"Yar-har-fiddle-dee-dee, being a pirate is all right with me!
Do what you want cuz a pirate is free, you are a pirate!"

A Lychee Tree

A Lychee Tree

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
In games of Team Swat, I always play the Mortal Kombat or Pokemon theme to inspire teammates. It surprisingly works amazing!

ooZeeKoo

ooZeeKoo

Se7en Vetran
Reaction score
Sin$
i wonder if they'rs a 2.5 to 3.5 this way i can use the adapter i have that is a 3.5 plug that is a small box with 2 3.5 holes. then use the 3.5 to 2.5 in cotroller then my adapter, then the wire to my computer to laptop, and other hole i would have the mic to the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter and i can have my mic still working, aswell as use my computer to play soundboards, text to speech (robot voice) and music for annoyance.

:0

sounds so complex if u dont understand let me know ill try to make a diagram in photoshop for u

Comrade

Comrade

Crusty Old Dude
Retired
Mythical Veteran Contest Sponsor Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice...ima going to do this

only down side was there was no kitty sound :frown:

walkerneo

walkerneo

Reaction score
Sin$
I added another way to do this so you can have your mic and sound plugged in.

Noupoi

Noupoi

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Or get a splitter like this as well and use your headset normally. :biggrin:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2.5MM-STEREO-PLUG-TO-2x-JACK-SPLITTER-ADAPTER-HEADSET_W0QQitemZ110542377367QQcmdZViewItem?

walkerneo

walkerneo

Reaction score
Sin$
i wonder if they'rs a 2.5 to 3.5 this way i can use the adapter i have that is a 3.5 plug that is a small box with 2 3.5 holes. then use the 3.5 to 2.5 in cotroller then my adapter, then the wire to my computer to laptop, and other hole i would have the mic to the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter and i can have my mic still working, aswell as use my computer to play soundboards, text to speech (robot voice) and music for annoyance.

sounds so complex if u dont understand let me know ill try to make a diagram in photoshop for u

I have no clue what you just said, but I think I just made the exact diagram that you were talking about.

Or get a splitter like this as well and use your headset normally. :biggrin:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2.5MM-STEREO-PLUG-TO-2x-JACK-SPLITTER-ADAPTER-HEADSET_W0QQitemZ110542377367QQcmdZViewItem?

Exactly, but what about people not in the UK?

Noupoi

Noupoi

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$

This?
http://www.sourcingmap.com/earphone-headphone-microphone-adapter-converter-for-xbox-360-p-38827.html?currency=GBP&utm_source=google&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=ukfroogle

ooZeeKoo

ooZeeKoo

Se7en Vetran
Reaction score
Sin$
I have no clue what you just said, but I think I just made the exact diagram that you were talking about.

haha yes u did, mine makes sense if u read it and know what im talking about, but if u have no idea what parts i mean then ur just ganna be like ."..........umm what?"

its kinda like a splitter for dazzle, but for headphones,
This?
http://www.sourcingmap.com/earphone-headphone-microphone-adapter-converter-for-xbox-360-p-38827.html?currency=GBP&utm_source=google&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=ukfroogle

no look at main post with the new picture, its the 2nd piece (not including controller)

but thats sick too. but i have more ideas in mind that i would be able to do with that.

walkerneo

walkerneo

Reaction score
Sin$
This?

Lol, how did you find that? But yes, that would work too.

iPause

Pause Menu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow! I am so gonna try this sounds really fun to annoy everone on xbox live.!

Anonamous

Anonamous

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Donator Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
hey, is there any place where i can download those sound effects that are on that webpage you put into the first post?

Top Bottom
Login
Register