• Thread starter Drbrhehhrsvrvrx
  • Start date
  • Views 92,890
Drbrhehhrsvrvrx

Drbrhehhrsvrvrx

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
This tut will show you how to connect to your JTAGED Xbox 360 Via FTP... First off you need to have XEXMenu1.1 installed on your xbox... here's a tut to do that:

Installing XEXMenu1.1:
Requirements:

-Xbins and imgburn: Rapidshare
-Blank DVD/CD - (DVD method)
-Laptop/PC with DVD/CD burner - (DVD method)
-Data Transfer Cable - (Stock Xbox HDD method)
-Way of connecting HDD to pc - (Custom HDD method (im not sure how to do this))
- Xport360 or Xplorer360: Rapidshare - Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 needed i think: Microsoft.com

The tut:

First off you want to extract the rar file with xbins and imgburn in it to your desktop and run xbins.exe

screenshot20100411at140.png

Now you want to navigate to: Xbox 360>Dashboards> XEXMenu

screenshot20100411at140.png

Now you want to drag Xexmenu_v1.1-ISO.rar if your using the DVD/CD method or XexMenu_v1.1.rar if your using the HDD method to the left window (by default it is your desktop)

screenshot20100411at141.png

Once its on your desktop you want to open the .rar up and extract the .iso to your desktop. Now load imgburn up and select Write image file to disk.

Now drag the .iso into the top left area of the program then click the write button at the bottom of the window

Now your disk should be burning

Once its burned take the disk and place it in your jtag xbox's disk tray

img0208cf.jpg

Now my Jtag no longer has a DVD tray so i cannot use my own pics so i am taking them from this video. If you too dont have a DVD drive Dont panic! what you will need is a way of accessing your HDD in your xbox. if you have a stock HDD get hold of a DataTransfer cable (Try here?) and scroll down, if you have a custom HDD you will need to lug it directly into your pc but i dont know the exact details on doing that.

Now, back to the DVD method:

Select Play game

screenshot20100411at144.png

Then when the menu below loads press RB to move to the HDD

Then press X and select DVD on the right to move to the DVD directory

Now you can see the CODE999 folder

Press Y and select copy on the CODE999 Folder then move back to the HDD1 directory

Then move into Content> 0000000000000000 folder (if the 0000000000000000 folder isn't there make it (use 16 Zeros))

(my images again)
41111.png

Then press Y and select paste, The XEX menu has now been copied to the directory,

0411145753.png

you can now exit to the dashboard, remove the disk, then go to games library and you will see the XEXMenu 1.1 there to play, thats it, your done

81958652.png

STOCK HDD METHOD

Install Xport 360 from the link above then connect you HDD to your PC via the transfer cable

xport.png

Then navigate to Partition 3> Content> 0000000000000000

xport.png

Now drag the CODE999 Folder what is in the XexMenu_v1.1.rar what you got from xbins earlier Then open the XeXMenu_v1.1-LIVE.rar and then copy the CODE999 folder into the 0000000000000000 Directory

copyfn.png

Now plug your HDD back into your xbox and XEXMenu 1.1 should be in your games library

0411155615.png

All done.

Now we have xex menu we need to make a download... You are going to want a FTP client so for this tut i will be using WinSCP what is free and can be downloaded from Here.
By all means you can use your own program but this tut is done using WinSCP.

Now the physical requirements:
- A JTAGED Xbox
- A PC or Mac (tut on windows 7, os x will be added if requested)
- An Ethernet cable connecting your computer to your xbox

All set? Lets go!

First off lets get the details we need from the xbox. Turn it on with it connected to the pc and load xex menu.

Press RB twice and you will see your IP:

img0225un.jpg

As you can see, mine is 192.168.2.5 (i manually set that yours may be different)

Now we want to go onto our PC and add WinSCP to the exceptions to our firewall. for the default windows 7 firewall navigate to Start>Control Pannel> System and Security> Allow a program through the firewall.

Now you will see a window like this:

windowi.png

click the "Change Settings" button in the top right of the window and tick the two boxes i have ticked (if only one is WinSCP is there just tick both boxes in it instead of one on each one)

Now its allowed through the firewall (if you have additional firewalls you need to sort them out yourself)

Now we can load up WinSCP and click "New" to create a new connection.

You are greeted by this window:

winxd.png

Now you need to make the following changes:

-Host Name: "THE IP ADDRESS FROM EARLIER"
-Port Number: 21
-User Name: xbox
-Password: xbox
-File Protocol: FTP

it will look a little like this:

windowx.png

Now hit save, tick the "Save Password" box if you want to then give it a name (i called it XBOX)

Now you will see it here:

wif.png

Hit Login and it will connect... you will see this:

captureefws.png

On the left is the local device (your pc) and on the right is the xbox... just got to where u want to add files and drag 'n' drop them in...

I know there are gona be 1000's of problems and questions so just ask them here and i will do my best to help.

please + Rep if i helped

Liam

D

dcarcher

Reaction score
Sin$
doesn't FTP do file transferring or something? sorry noob question

T

Thilo

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Jesus.

Not a modding tutorial.

Not very accurate.

And wow. Really?

An Ethernet cord from Xbox->Computer doesn't work.

Try crossover.

Drbrhehhrsvrvrx

Drbrhehhrsvrvrx

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Jesus.

Not a modding tutorial.

Not very accurate.

And wow. Really?

An Ethernet cord from Xbox->Computer does work.

Try crossover.

Ethernet cord does work... my dad is a "Technical Architect" (works with networking) and he was also surprised. It does work though, and i didnt post it here... i put it in submit a tutorial, a moderator moved it here

OnyX

OnyX

Ideas are Bulletproof
Retired
MotM Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
To be exact, this allows you to move files to your JTAG HDD wirelessy, without a transfer cable, correct?

U

UnReaL JTAG

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks L14M333, makes adding patches and other things so much easier.
+Rep

K

khanjee

Reaction score
Sin$
i m trying to connect but its not connecting and winscp its not in firewall

xXSniperGodXx

xXSniperGodXx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Care to post the tut for mac? Could I just connect via crossover cable and have the HDD mount on my desktop automatically?

Great tut by the way, thanks a lot!

Top Bottom
Login
Register