• Thread starter Drbrhehhrsvrvrx
  • Start date
  • Views 185,755
Drbrhehhrsvrvrx

Drbrhehhrsvrvrx

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello this is going to be my all in one tread on jtaging, you will find links to all the best guides and my own tutorials here on how to master some of the basics of jtaging.

So lets begin:

Our new jtag...
So you just built or purchased your jtag. When you first turn it on you wont notice anything really different unless you got it with XEXMenu pre-installed. To check, navigate over to Games Library and go onto game demos. If you see XEXMenu, XEX loader ect your all good. if not you will want it!

Installing XEXMenu

So, there are two possible ways of doing this. One is directly copying it to you stock xbox 360 HDD and the other is burning it to a disk and copying it over to you xbox's stock or custom HDD.

So lets begin:

Requirements:
Without DVD Method

-Xbins: Rapidshare
-xPort360: Rapidshare
-Data Transfer cable: UK, USA

With DVD Method

-Xbins and Imgburn: Rapidshare - Password L14M333
-DVD/CD and DVD/CD burner
-DVD drive in your jtag

Without DVD method:

First off you want to extract the zip file file with xbins in it to your desktop and run xbins.exe

screenshot20100411at140.png

Now you want to navigate to: Xbox 360>Dashboards> XEXMenu

Now you want to drag XexMenu_v1.1.rar to the left window (by default it is your desktop)

now Install Xport 360 from the link above then connect you HDD to your PC via the transfer cable

xport.png

Then navigate to Partition 3> Content> 0000000000000000

xport.png

Now drag the CODE999 Folder what is in the XexMenu_v1.1.rar what you got from xbins earlier Then open the XeXMenu_v1.1-LIVE.rar and then copy the CODE999 folder into the 0000000000000000 Directory

copyfn.png

Now plug your HDD back into your xbox and XEXMenu 1.1 should be in your games library

0411155615.png

All done.

With DVD method:

First off you want to extract the rar file (password L14M333) with xbins and imgburn in it to your desktop and run xbins.exe

Now you want to drag Xexmenu_v1.1-ISO.rar to the left window (by default it is your desktop)

screenshot20100411at141.png

Once its on your desktop you want to open the .rar up and extract the .iso to your desktop. Now load imgburn up and select Write image file to disk.

Now drag the .iso into the top left area of the program then click the write button at the bottom of the window

Now your disk should be burning

Once its burned take the disk and place it in your jtag xbox's disk tray

img0208cf.jpg

Now my Jtag no longer has a DVD tray so i cannot use my own pics so i am taking them from this video. If you too dont have a DVD drive Dont panic! just go to the next spoiler where my non DVD drive alternative is.

now select Play game

screenshot20100411at144.png

Then when the menu below loads press RB to move to the HDD

Then press X and select DVD on the right to move to the DVD directory

Now you can see the CODE999 folder

Press Y and select copy on the CODE999 Folder then move back to the HDD1 directory

Then move into Content> 0000000000000000 folder (if the 0000000000000000 folder isn't there make it (use 16 Zeros))

(my images again)
41111.png

Then press Y and select paste, The XEX menu has now been copied to the directory,

0411145753.png

you can now exit to the dashboard, remove the disk, then go to games library and you will see the XEXMenu 1.1 there to play, thats it, your done

81958652.png

You want to play game straight from the HDD? no disk? Then look at this! also my NXE2GOD tut will be on here soon so watch this space!

Extracting ISO's and putting them on your console

This is a tut for those who want to play games directly from your HDD there are other ways to do this for example NXE2GOD but in some cases (mine) it dont work. Another tut to using NXE2GOD is also in this post.

So lets begin:

Requirements:

-The ISO of the game you want: Rip it yourself or Here
-A method of transferring the Xbox game from your computer to you Xbox -a USB HDD 8GB+ (formatted at Fat-32)
-XboxImageBrowser: Rapidshare - Password L14M333
-XEXmenu installed on your JTAG - see this topic for tut on that.

First you need to open the XboxImageBrowser and locate the ModernWarfare2 ISO you downloaded or ripped (GOOGLE)

95590201.png

Now you will see the contents of the ISO (below), Right click the main file and click extract and extract the contents onto a 8GB or more HDD or USB drive (must be formatted to Fat32)

97643688.png

Once the contents has been extracted to your USB HDD you want to plug it into your xbox 360 and load up XEX menu

0411155615.png

Once XEXMenu has loaded up press RB once to move over to the Xbox HDD file system then hit X and select USB0: (This is if you only have one USB device connetced)

10690819.png

Now locate the folder your extracted ModernWarfare2 Game is in and hit Y on it and select copy

0410211614.png

Now hit X again and move back to HDD1:

0410211650.png

Now hit Y again and select create and make a new directory called Games

0410211812.png

Now go into this directory by selecting it and pressing A and then hitting Y again and selecting Paste (may take a few mins)

0410211852.png

Now we must patch the .XEX files so go into the extracted files we just pasted and go down to default.xex and press Y on it and select PatchXex

0410212100.png

Now the game is on your Xbox HDD and patched, next time you load up XEXmenu your game should have been detected and will be waiting for you to play.

You want free DLC? Thats game add-ons, XBLArcade games ect, look around this part!

How to install DLC on your console (maps ect not XBL Arcade games)

Hello, we will be installing the Modern Warfare 2 stimulus package on a jtag xbox 360. this will work for all DLC what has been downloaded from another XBL account.
It envolves transferring a license from your XBL account on the Jtag to the DLC (has different license) *your Jtag will need an XBL account on it but will NOT need to go on XBL just make sure it is unplugged when you sign in*

So lets get started!

Requirements:

A HEX editor: Rapidshare
YarisSwap: Rapidshare
DLC patcher: Rapidshare
The DLC you want: get it off a friend or use google
DLC you downloaded on your own XBL account (can be free)
A Jtaged xbox
The latest TU for the game your DLC is for (found in cache folder on xbox HDD (if game has the update)) - MW2 TU5: Rapidshare
A stock xbox (to download DLC from your profile)
Internet

Retrieving our license key

First off you want to open DLCPatcher.exe and click open file and locate the DLC what you own.

load.png

on the second line down you will see some numbers and letters (i hid half of mine). That is your license, its tied to your XBL account and the DLC needs that licence to work on your account so make a note of this as you will need it later.

Getting the DLC ready to put your key into

Now you need to Yaris Swap the DLC before you put your key into it, This may already be done if you downloaded it from the internet but to check load up the DLC in DLC patcher and it will look like this:

ffffbz.png

Now we need to get our DLC to look like like that so if it already does you can move onto the next spoiler, if it doesn't keep reading.

Open up YarisSwap.exe and locate the DLC you want

yaris.png

Then hit the "Hex mod - Yaris Swap" button (its hard to miss)

yaris1.png

Now you have Yaris swapped the file, if you open it in DLC Patcher you will see the FFFF's

ffffbz.png

Hexing in your own license

Now we have to enter our own license what we found earlier into the DLC we want.
To do this we need to open our DLC in a hex editor

hexr.png

Now use Ctrl+F to start a search and key in:
Code:
ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
make sure type is selected as Hex!

keyff.png

when you click find you should see something like this:
The parts of the HEX are color coded with the parts you saw in the DLC Patcher.

colourff.png

what you now want to do is replace the RED and YELLOWFFFFFFFF's with your license.
For example, if ,my license was a1 00 00 2e 9d 4e 00 e1 it would look like this:

wouldlooklikethisj.png

Then you will click save and it should save within a couple of seconds.

wronga.png

If something like this appeared for a long period of time it means that you have added extra data not overwritten it so you should quit the HEX editor and load a fresh copy

Now, once you have successfully saved the file, if you open it up in DLC Patcher again you should see something like this where a100002e9d4e00e1 would be your license:

your.png

Putting the DLC on your console (Transfer cable method)

First off you want to load xPort 360 (Download), select your hdd and navigate to Partition 3> Content> 0000000000000000>

copyfn.png

Now you need to copy the folder (correctly sorted and named (Should be but if not grab XBox Live DLC sorter (Download), run it, select the location of the DLC and it will correctly make the directory and names the DLC needs, you just have to copy the folder inside the Sorted folder to 000000000000000 on the Xbox HDD

copyfn.png

Now you have the DLC on the HDD, you need to put the TU on the HDD with the game, Im not 100% sure where to get them from and where to put them for other games but for MW2 you need to place the Patch_mp.ff and the default_mp.xex into the extracted MW2 on your HDD (see this topicon how to extract your MW2 iso to your hdd)

Then you should be done!

How to correctly configure non OEM HDD's to work properly in xbox 360

You want a different dashboard? Then FreeStyle Dash 1.20 is what you want!

How to install FreeStyle Dash 1.20 to your JTAG

Right, this is my 5th tutorial on se7ensins...
In this tutorial i will be showing you how to install Freesyle Dash version 1.2 on your jtag.

Here are the requirements:
- Xbins.exe - Rapidshare
- Xexmenu 1.1 installed
- A JTAG
- Method of transferring data from PC - Xbox (Thumbdrive, ect)

Now to begin:

For those who need XexMenu1.1:
So, there are two possible ways of doing this. One is directly copying it to you stock xbox 360 HDD and the other is burning it to a disk and copying it over to you xbox's stock or custom HDD.

So lets begin:

Requirements:
Without DVD Method

-Xbins: Rapidshare
-xPort360: Rapidshare
-Data Transfer cable: UK, USA

With DVD Method

-Xbins and Imgburn: Rapidshare - Password L14M333
-DVD/CD and DVD/CD burner
-DVD drive in your jtag

Without DVD method:

First off you want to extract the zip file file with xbins in it to your desktop and run xbins.exe

Now you want to drag XexMenu_v1.1.rar to the left window (by default it is your desktop)

now Install Xport 360 from the link above then connect you HDD to your PC via the transfer cable

xport.png

Then navigate to Partition 3> Content> 0000000000000000

xport.png

Now drag the CODE999 Folder what is in the XexMenu_v1.1.rar what you got from xbins earlier Then open the XeXMenu_v1.1-LIVE.rar and then copy the CODE999 folder into the 0000000000000000 Directory

copyfn.png

Now plug your HDD back into your xbox and XEXMenu 1.1 should be in your games library

0411155615.png

All done.

With DVD method:

First off you want to extract the rar file (password L14M333) with xbins and imgburn in it to your desktop and run xbins.exe

Now you want to drag Xexmenu_v1.1-ISO.rar to the left window (by default it is your desktop)

Once its on your desktop you want to open the .rar up and extract the .iso to your desktop. Now load imgburn up and select Write image file to disk.

Now drag the .iso into the top left area of the program then click the write button at the bottom of the window

Now your disk should be burning

Once its burned take the disk and place it in your jtag xbox's disk tray

img0208cf.jpg

Now my Jtag no longer has a DVD tray so i cannot use my own pics so i am taking them from this video. If you too dont have a DVD drive Dont panic! just go to the next spoiler where my non DVD drive alternative is.

now select Play game

Then when the menu below loads press RB to move to the HDD

Then press X and select DVD on the right to move to the DVD directory

Now you can see the CODE999 folder

Press Y and select copy on the CODE999 Folder then move back to the HDD1 directory

Then move into Content> 0000000000000000 folder (if the 0000000000000000 folder isn't there make it (use 16 Zeros))

(my images again)
41111.png

Then press Y and select paste, The XEX menu has now been copied to the directory,

0411145753.png

you can now exit to the dashboard, remove the disk, then go to games library and you will see the XEXMenu 1.1 there to play, thats it, your done

81958652.png

You want to play game straight from the HDD? no disk? Then look at this! also my NXE2GOD tut will be on here soon so watch this space!

Retrieving freestyle dash files:

Now we are ready, we need to download Freestyle dash from xbins so go ahead and load xbins up and on the right hand side navigate to: /XBOX 360/dashboards/Freestyle Dash/

You will see this:

captureev.png

now just drag "FreeStyle Dash 1.20.zip" to the left hand side (default Desktop)

Then you will have the file on your desktop. Open it and extract the contents to a folder like this:

copyja.png

Now we have the files, we need to put them on the xbox:

Now, we want to set up some folders on our USB thumb drive.
To make it easier installing we will set up the directory's on the thumb drive
on the xbox HDD we need to put the freestyle dash here: \Content\0000000000000000\C0DE9999\00007000\
we already have \Content\0000000000000000\C0DE9999\ for xex menu so on your thumb drive make a new directory called 00007000.

Now you need to copy the contents of the folder "FreeStyle" what is in the Freestyle Dask 1.20.zip you downloaded earlier into that "00007000" folder on your thumb drive

copy2.png

Now we need to plug this into our xbox, and load xex menu (sorry cba to get capture card out so its just phone camera)

0411155615.png

Now once it is open, press RB to switch to file browser

01012006632.png

Now press X and select the storage device the files are on from the list on the right:

01012006633.png

Now highlight the 00007000 folder and press y on it

01012006634.png

Hit copy then press X then select HDD1:

01012006637.png

Then navigate to: Content\000000000000000\CODE999\, Hit Y then press Paste.

01012006638.png

wait for the copy to finish

01012006639.png

Then go into that folder and click on the FreestyleDash.xex

01012006641.png

And there you go:

(alternitivly you can copy them files to where you want but the above location is going on what the instructions.txt says)

That's it, you're done, Have fun and if it helped +Rep and any questions please ask them here.

Thanks

Liam

NOW I AM NOT EVEN CLOSE TO FINISHING THIS THREAD! SO KEEP LOOKING AS THERE WILL BE MUCH MORE TO COME AS I MAKE THE TUTS!

Liam

L

Lazorz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Torrents are also a very good place for finding them

No. Just no.

Torrents are f***ing stupid.

If you want to actually get an ISO in under 10 weeks, then download one that's been uploaded to a filehosting website like MegaUpload.

xbox360iso.com is a great source for clean ISO's. You'll probably also want to install JDownloader so the ISO will automatically download while you're sleeping, away from the computer, etc.

Drbrhehhrsvrvrx

Drbrhehhrsvrvrx

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
No. Just no.

If you want to actually get an ISO in under 10 weeks, then download one that's been uploaded to a filehosting website like MegaUpload.

xbox360iso.com is a great source for clean ISO's. You'll probably also want to install JDownloader so the ISO will automatically download while you're sleeping, away from the computer, etc.

I do agree there, if you have a badly configured network and a rubbish seeded torrent then yes. I can have games downloaded within 48 hours.

When mw2 got leaked I had to sign up to rapidshare premium (cost) as I could only download 3 every 48 hours = 1 bad point.
Number 2 is the fact that you have to download 70 odd files!!!

If you pay to these file hosting sites and you have the time on your hands to download 70 files do it.

If not that's where torrents come from.

Liam

L

Lazorz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Personally I use the 1GB links when downloading an ISO.

And the thing about 3 downloads every 48 hours is that JDownloader bypasses that.

And no, I'm NOT advertising the program, I'm just saying it's good for downloading multiple things at once.

A

ATHEiST

Reaction score
Sin$
No. Just no.

10 weeks? lol, what a n00b, what site you using thepirategay??

If you know what your talking about/doing then you can get a 360 ISO downloading within minutes of it preing on scene FTP servers and it will only take aslong as your max down speed allows.

Im not going to name names but if its taking you any longer then 10 mins from release to get torrent and longer then 8 hours to finish downloading then you either...

• Have a sh*t torrent source
  • Have a sh*t download speed
  • Are an idiot

I and many other people can have a 360 game downloaded to desktop within roughly 5 hours or it getting pred!

Dont get me wrong using filehost is good aswell but your comment about torrents made me piss my pants :biggrin:

R

Rawrsome

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
please sticky this thread. as a new jtag owner its the most helpful thread ive seen on this site.
also, clean up the BS arguing over torrents etc and the thread can stay informative :smile:

NiinJa x

NiinJa x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Amazing tut thanks L14M now i have to go check out ur tut on hosting system link lobbies:smile:

I

isupal33ti

Reaction score
Sin$
if i have xex menu on my xbox stock hdd(20gb) can i run games from an external hdd without xex menu on the external?

Andrew74

Andrew74

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Umm whats formatted to fat32?
I don't have a 8gb usb stick is there a way to put it straight on my xbox HDD?

Top Bottom
Login
Register