What's new

XenForo Add-On | Ultimate Ads

P

pwfdc

Bright Idea Programmer Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The following is directly from my resource here on XenForo. I've modified the buy me a coffee with an advertisement for premium. @Moderators if you have a problem with this, please let me know prior via PM.

Buy Me A Coffee?
I do not charge for this add-on, however if you would like to buy me a coffee so I can stay up late and make updates to the add-on you're free to do so and it is greatly appreciated.

About
I've used quite a bit of ad management add-ons. Each one I tried though was lacking in the areas where you could have ads. Why? Not too sure. There's so many different places that you can put ads in the templates, but they only provide you the option of 2 or 3 of them.
So I was just doing it all manually with templates, but as you can imagine doing it manually became a hassle quickly when updating with other themes or updating ad code. You have to adjust it here and there and then you realize everyone on the other theme hasn't even been seeing ads because you forgot to put them on that theme! This add-on will fix that.

Oh by the way. This is actually my very first add-on. So please don't be too harsh! Although constructive criticism is appreciated!

Features
  • 15 predefined ad locations that work on most every theme. Some themes do not like some locations very much.
  • Choose what groups sees the ad(s).
  • A simple options page, anyone can configure it.
  • No need for multiple ad scripts. One ad code option, one script, works for each location.
Download and Changes
Right now, you can only download via XenForo Resources here. When I redo my forums I'll add a shop where you can download it.

Changes
Code:
1.1.0 (May 16, 2015)
        - Added option to only show ads to specified groups
1.0.0 (May 15, 2015)
        - Initial Release

~modedit: Removed Bit.ly links

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pwfdc

Bright Idea Programmer Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know why I didn't post this in the first version; but it's in there now.
Now you can check the groups that see the ads. If no groups are checked, all groups will see the ads.

Also, I fixed the footer. It didn't blend nicely in my last version so it's fixed now.

Top Bottom
Login
Register