What's new

Discussion Xdk intended release?

• Thread starter Reedradar
  • Start date
  • Views 1,807
Reedradar

Reedradar

Flex and bass is what life is all about.
Reaction score
Sin$
Did microsoft release devkits intentionally? Like did they sell them. My gut says no. Just wanna know.

D

Deleted member 777936

Houston, we have a problem.
Reaction score
Sin$
Did microsoft release devkits intentionally? Like did they sell them. My gut says no. Just wanna know.
No, they gave them out to approved M$ developers/groups/testers. However, people from these groups take them and sell them online, surfacing them. That's why they are so expensive; they are near impossible to make, unlike RGH's and Jtags.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
XeXLosSantos

XeXLosSantos

MALK
Reaction score
Sin$
I bet XKD's have instant boot times every time? Since they don't have a glitch chip? Or do they?

Reedradar

Reedradar

Reaction score
Sin$
I read that artical. Does a xdk require a rgh chip to run the code? Like xexmenu and such. Also what is xex2?

Chr0m3 x MoDz

Chr0m3 x MoDz

From the top to the fall, lessons through it all.
VIP
Sinner Services Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I read that artical. Does a xdk require a rgh chip to run the code? Like xexmenu and such. Also what is xex2?
XDK's run unsigned code naturally so no, however to do things like kernel debugging and run retail games and things you need to add patches to xboxromw2d.bin (You can get the retail one from recovery disks).

XDK's are a lot more complicated to use then JTAG / RGH and not much information is shared on how to use them and things.

They can also run .ISO's straight from your PC if you have a sidecar, like I demonstrate in this video

Reedradar

Reedradar

Reaction score
Sin$
XDK's run unsigned code naturally so no, however to do things like kernel debugging and run retail games and things you need to add patches to xboxromw2d.bin (You can get the retail one from recovery disks).

XDK's are a lot more complicated to use then JTAG / RGH and not much information is shared on how to use them and things.

They can also run .ISO's straight from your PC if you have a sidecar, like I demonstrate in this video

Jesus christ when people sell these how much average they run for?

Benjamin Rush

Benjamin Rush

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
They are loaned (not sold) to development studios for a cost. Usually $1000+. The ones we have usually come from China or liquidations... some could be stolen.

To clarify, devkits can run dev signed code, not unsigned code.

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
A lot of the devkits available are mostly trashpicked from third world countries, or other places in which the consoles were texted. People noticed what the console was, took it home and sold them. Overtime people realized how important and valuable they actually are.

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
depending on the kit, anywhere from $200 to $2000+
Adding on;
The better condition the higher the price. The more stuff available, the price goes even high. (Meaning if powerbrick and controller come with it, the prices goes up).
Then you get the ones with sidecars and all the information stickers still intact.
Just like buying a car in reality. On a cheaper scale.

SnatcherXDK

SnatcherXDK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I bet XKD's have instant boot times every time? Since they don't have a glitch chip? Or do they?

Out of the box they run unsigned code, no chips or wires added on. it's all done through the encryption of the CPU and the altered kernal they run.

D

drahcir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
depending on the kit, anywhere from $200 to $2000+
And content of the HDD :wink:. Quite a few people will put up big money if there are internal files still leftover on these kit's (This includes me hehe).

Zeltrax

Zeltrax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you mean by sell them?
Microsoft did loan them to people that did have access to GDN, if you had a GDN and had 10,000 dollars and a license than you would be given a loaner kit after lengthy processing. Only partnered developers with Microsoft got loaner kits for free or a reduced price. (if you see a complete xna it was definitely stolen from a developer, cause when kits got shipped to China they would remove the xna sidecar).
Kits in the scene today, depending on motherboard and condition, sell for a lot cheaper.
Xenons 180-200~
Zephyrs 200-250~
Falcons 250 - 300~
Jaspers 300 - 400~
Jasper 1gb complete 1000 - 2000~
Jasper 1gb incomplete 300 - 500~
I'm currently selling some kits

and a XDK can run xell, you'll just need some files (that are very private)

Bunny

Bunny

♥ Tattoos and XDKs ♥
Reaction score
Sin$
Microsoft did loan them to people that did have access to GDN, if you had a GDN and had 10,000 dollars and a license than you would be given a loaner kit after lengthy processing. Only partnered developers with Microsoft got loaner kits for free or a reduced price. (if you see a complete xna it was definitely stolen from a developer, cause when kits got shipped to China they would remove the xna sidecar).
Kits in the scene today, depending on motherboard and condition, sell for a lot cheaper.
Xenons 180-200~
Zephyrs 200-250~
Falcons 250 - 300~
Jaspers 300 - 400~

Actually, I've had the download for HvxBootOS on my XDK thread for some time now.

Chr0m3 x MoDz

Chr0m3 x MoDz

From the top to the fall, lessons through it all.
VIP
Sinner Services Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Actually, I've had the download for HvxBootOS on my XDK thread for some time now.
I would think he is talking about on the later recoveries. Plus I released a cpu key grabber for 16547 a while back.

Bunny

Bunny

♥ Tattoos and XDKs ♥
Reaction score
Sin$
I would think he is talking about on the later recoveries. Plus I released a cpu key grabber for 16547 a while back.
What's the point in having it for newer recoveries. And HvxDump work just fine for getting the CPU key

Oly

Oly

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Xenons 180-200~
Zephyrs 200-250~
Falcons 250 - 300~
Jaspers 300 - 400~

Xell on an XDK is no problem at all, wasn't aware it wasn't public.

Top Bottom
Login
Register