• Thread starter DeadSimpleHD
  • Start date
  • Views 12,057
D

DeadSimpleHD

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys,

Basically every time I turn on my Xbox 360 Slim, it freezes. It does the Xbox 360 logo animation, and it's about to load up my Dashboard when it happens. This happens every time I turn on my Xbox.

I had just put in my USB stick and moved my profile to my hard drive when it first happened. I was playing music via my Xbox, whilst it was moving my profile and signing me in when it froze, so it might of been a command overflow or something like that.

Whenever I remove my hard drive, it works fine, so it might be my hard drive that's the problem. I have also tried unplugging everything and starting again several times, to no avail.

I contacted Xbox Support and they replied with some crappy automated message about games freezing (even though I clearly stated it froze on start up, no matter what game was in the disc tray.

So, yeah, and any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Oky

Oky

Getting There
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Has been happning to me for the past month. Has it overheated recently? I have gotten E65 or E79. Also, it can always be a connection between you HDD and console.

D

DeadSimpleHD

Reaction score
Sin$
Has been happning to me for the past month. Has it overheated recently? I have gotten E65 or E79. Also, it can always be a connection between you HDD and console.

It had been on most of the day when it first freezed, but I didn't get any red rings. And could you expand on the HDD part please? I'm kind of a newbie to the technical sides of XBOX's and modding.
Thanks

GOHDtoughguy

GOHDtoughguy

THE WHEEL ON THE SHORT BUS GO ROUND AND ROUND
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
It had been on most of the day when it first freezed, but I didn't get any red rings. And could you expand on the HDD part please? I'm kind of a newbie to the technical sides of XBOX's and modding.
Thanks
the xbox is going to get E-78

Oky

Oky

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks
Ok, so basically if the Hard drive of the slim console isn't fully in, it wil sometimes get this error. Overheating, another big problem. I had mine on for about 8 hours when it froze. Make sure the console is somewhere where air can circulate. Take out the hard drive, blow away dust that maybe trapped in it, and put the hard drive in and make sure it is full connected.

D

DeadSimpleHD

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, so basically if the Hard drive of the slim console isn't fully in, it wil sometimes get this error. Overheating, another big problem. I had mine on for about 8 hours when it froze. Make sure the console is somewhere where air can circulate. Take out the hard drive, blow away dust that maybe trapped in it, and put the hard drive in and make sure it is full connected.

Right, mine was probably on for eight hours or more, I tried fixing it throughout the evening but didn't have any luck. I am away from home this weekend, so I have disconnected everything and left everything on my bed, with windows open etc. Maybe that will help.

the xbox is going to get E-78

Is that RROD?

Oky

Oky

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Right, mine was probably on for eight hours or more, I tried fixing it throughout the evening but didn't have any luck. I am away from home this weekend, so I have disconnected everything and left everything on my bed, with windows open etc. Maybe that will help.

Oky: Just let it sit. Feel the console, and make sure it's not hot. It took mine 45 minutes to cool down.

Is that RROD?
Any E-__ is RRoD or an error code.

Sorry kinda didn't multiquote :unsure:

D

DeadSimpleHD

Reaction score
Sin$
Just a quick update, everything's working fine now. I deleted my profile from my hard drive and then recovered my GT and it works fine. Thanks for the help <3

HerbZz

HerbZz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just a quick update, everything's working fine now. I deleted my profile from my hard drive and then recovered my GT and it works fine. Thanks for the help <3
how the hell did u manage to delete ur profile if u wasnt even able to see the dash when the harddrive is in? i need to delete my profile to my crashes/freeses to on startup! any help apreciated

Aslan

Aslan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
how the hell did u manage to delete ur profile if u wasnt even able to see the dash when the harddrive is in? i need to delete my profile to my crashes/freeses to on startup! any help apreciated
Best to make a new thread.This thread is one and a half years old.

HerbZz

HerbZz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry guys im kinda new on this site and i had the same problem but have fixed it already .. I just look for simulair problem and didnt pay attention to the date this was posted .. Thnx anyway :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register