• Thread starter Deleted member 730411
  • Start date
  • Views 496
D

Deleted member 730411

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I have been debating on getting an Xbox One for a while now since the games that I like are slowly starting to go exclusively to the Xbox one but, my main problem with this is that people on Xbox one and Xbox 360 cannot join parties or play games together and that sucks for me for a number of reasons. I do not see why Microsoft would have such a problem merging and using the same servers for chat and gaming. For me, if I upgrade so I can get games like Assassin's Creed Unity I wouldn't be able to talk to all of my friends anymore since some of them don't want to upgrade or some can't afford it and then I would have to wipe my friends list since I wouldn't be able to talk to them anymore. I mean I can see where it could be a little bit of a b**** integrating the servers but it can't be impossible. What do you guys think?

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you guys think?

They want people to upgrade. Cross-platform chat isn't hard to implement.
PS4 users can party chat with Vita users, why not PS3? Because they want people to upgrade to the newer system. :wink:

D

Decayse

Stand on guard for thee
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I remember watching a video with an interview with a dev from Ghosts. One of the questions was "Are people on Xbox 360 going to be able to play with people on Xbox One?" and the dev's reply was "No, we experimented with it and found that it would give advantages/disadvantages to each console. One being if a smoke grenade is deployed, someone on the 360 might be able to see through it while on Xbox One with its upgraded graphics it will completely block out the other side, meaning a user on 360 has the advantage."

On Xbox One however, its almost impossible for them to make it so you can chat with 360 players because both systems run on different architecture.

S7 Pro

S7 Pro

Seasoned Member
Modder Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
The Xbox One is using the Skype codec for chat and with newer hardware in the controller and microphone to provide the best chat quality, the Xbox One is superior. Chat would sound too muffled between consoles, and it's for this reason cross platform chat won't be possible.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
On Xbox One however, its almost impossible for them to make it so you can chat with 360 players because both systems run on different architecture.

My Vita is a different architecture then my PS4, yet I can chat with them.
My PC is a different architecture then my cell phone, but I can still call people.

Has nothing to do with it. :tongue:

D

Deleted member 730411

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
They want people to upgrade. Cross-platform chat isn't hard to implement.
PS4 users can party chat with Vita users, why not PS3? Because they want people to upgrade to the newer system. :wink:

I can honestly say that they lost a ton of people upgrading because it's not a, I guess you could call it, backwards compatible chat system.

I remember watching a video with an interview with a dev from Ghosts. One of the questions was "Are people on Xbox 360 going to be able to play with people on Xbox One?" and the dev's reply was "No, we experimented with it and found that it would give advantages/disadvantages to each console. One being if a smoke grenade is deployed, someone on the 360 might be able to see through it while on Xbox One with its upgraded graphics it will completely block out the other side, meaning a user on 360 has the advantage."

I don't see how that will work. If the consoles were playing on the same servers and a smoke grenade was deployed, each console would see what their hardware allowed them. Whenever I play CoD, I play on a 55 inch TV in 1080p and I can't see **** through smoke grenades or anything of the sort. Yes, they do have upgraded graphics that looks better but I still don't see how anyone would have the complete advantage.

My Vita is a different architecture then my PS4, yet I can chat with them.
My PC is a different architecture then my cell phone, but I can still call people.

Has nothing to do with it. :tongue:

Exactly what I am saying.

D

Decayse

Stand on guard for thee
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I can honestly say that they lost a ton of people upgrading because it's not a, I guess you could call it, backwards compatible chat system.

I don't see how that will work. If the consoles were playing on the same servers and a smoke grenade was deployed, each console would see what their hardware allowed them. Whenever I play CoD, I play on a 55 inch TV in 1080p and I can't see **** through smoke grenades or anything of the sort. Yes, they do have upgraded graphics that looks better but I still don't see how anyone would have the complete advantage.

That's what the dev said. I would like to see cross platform chat but skype is as good as it's going to get.

Benjamin Rush

Benjamin Rush

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

Consoles are designed so nobody has an unfair advantage. They want a unified experience. Xb1 is a faster console with better graphics, so less latency and you'd be able to see enemies from far distanced better. Controller is also different.

Its one of the things console fans complain about on PC, how someone with more money can purchase expensive hardware which gives them an edge.

Top Bottom
Login
Register