• Thread starter Robinnaiitor
  • Start date
  • Views 516
R

Robinnaiitor

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi all,

I'm a complete noob when it comes to modding an xbox original.
I bought one for $10 to play some old games, however when booting I can see this bootscreen:
aYfpe1a.jpg

It seems like it was already modded with a chip or something.
However booting any further just results in the normal boot screen, not a modded one.
Also the dvd-tray does not seem to open ( related? ).

Does anyone know if this device has been modded already? And if so, how do I use it to load backups etc.

Any help would be appreciated

Fletcher109

Fletcher109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Didn't even know you could mod the original xboxs? I still have my old one though, but have never though about modding it. :smile:

R

Robinnaiitor

Reaction score
Sin$
Didn't even know you could mod the original xboxs? I still have my old one though, but have never though about modding it. :smile:

Yes I read it is possible to install a chip onto your motherboard, this is what I planned initially.
But the boot screen suggests I already have a chip installed.

Fletcher109

Fletcher109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes I read it is possible to install a chip onto your motherboard, this is what I planned initially.
But the boot screen suggests I already have a chip installed.
I'm not sure. But i guess if it says you have a chip installed. Then just install the mod's like you would if you already installed it.

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
AzzidReign Jr Mythical Veteran Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi all,

I'm a complete noob when it comes to modding an xbox original.
I bought one for $10 to play some old games, however when booting I can see this bootscreen:
aYfpe1a.jpg

It seems like it was already modded with a chip or something.
However booting any further just results in the normal boot screen, not a modded one.
Also the dvd-tray does not seem to open ( related? ).

Does anyone know if this device has been modded already? And if so, how do I use it to load backups etc.

Any help would be appreciated
The xbox might of been soft modded without a chip and the person just keped the original dashboard, as for the backups try to connect with FTP to it and add a working ISO to the E:\\ HDD

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/easy-way-to-softmod-usb-noob-friendly.1090166/

R

Robinnaiitor

Reaction score
Sin$
R

Robinnaiitor

Reaction score
Sin$
I downloaded auto installer deluxe. Burned that to a DVD, booted the DVd up and reinstalled the dashboard.
Works now, thanks for your help!

Top Bottom
Login
Register