Xbox License Transfer Tool Not Working

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support' started by Majora, Sep 22, 2011 with 7 replies and 1,707 views.

1. Majora

Majora Getting There

Hi. I really don't know what to do. I'm trying to transfer licenses and redownload all my games from my old xbox 360 elite to my new gears of war xbox slim. I tried the license transfer tool on the website, and I get to the page where it displays both consoles ids and says "Your console has been found. To transfer all of the below licenses to your new console, click Confirm."

Well I click confirm, and then it acts like it's processing data (url changes and such) but then it just displays the confirm page. Also, when I try to view my download history, it says an error has occurred and to refresh the page. Well, that doesn't fix anything.

What should I do? Almost ALL of my games have been downloaded, and now I'm stuck without games. Please help.

Edit: Why is my picture of Nick Cannon?
  2. boii

boii Getting There

you could license transfer trough your xbox which is 100% easier
  3. Tylers1110

Tylers1110 Contributor

Try it on your xbox.
    Go to Account management, then where it shows your billing options, there is a section that says Liscense Transfer at the bottom, try doing it that way.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Majora

Majora Getting There

I tried that and it says, "you transferred your console licenses on 9/22/2011. You'll need to wait until 1/21/2012 to transfer again.

WTF? Are my licenses transferred, or not? Am I now f**ked on BOTH of my systems?
  5. boii

boii Getting There

yes they are just redownload your content
  6. Majora

Majora Getting There

Ok cool... too bad I can't see my download history on the website, and on my Xbox, it just shows like the past 20 items. idk what to do but there's easily $300 of games I will lose if I can't view all of it.
  7. Majora

Majora Getting There

It didn't work, I can't play any of my games offline. I also can't change licenses again (which I didn't even end up doing right?) Until January. I'm pissed.
  8. run632

run632 Member

I have used many different xbox and not once have I had to lt anything .your best bet is to ring ms they should fix it for
    You ..

Nick Cannon? everyones got changed to nc ,everyone was told to make a backup of there pic .just change the pic back ..