What's new
  • This section is NOT for Console Modding Support or Queries.
    Please ensure any threads posted here are releases or guides as appropriate.
    If you require support, please post a new thread in Console Modding Support
    Thanks!

Tutorial [Xbox] Install title updates for any game (using USB)

• Thread starter MeXiCaNSkAtEr69
  • Start date
  • Views 104,280

Has this helped you in any way

• Total voters
MeXiCaNSkAtEr69

MeXiCaNSkAtEr69

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Installing updates to xbox:
I've gotten a bunch of PM's from people asking if i can pass them an update for a specific game to avoid spamming my inbox with these messages I've decided to make a tutorial on this to help those who have the map packs but somehow lost internet service on their xbox :rolleyes: .

Requirements:

1.A configured USB flash-drive for xbox 360
(How to configure your USB)

on the dashboard move right until you hit system settings,
myxboxsystemsettings.jpg

go to memory, select your usb device and press configure now or customize if you want some space for documents and such
syssettings_storagealldevices.jpg

syssettings_configusb.jpg
2.USBXtaf explorer
3.the knowledge of simple counting

Procedures:
For this tutorial I will be using Black Ops Title Update 9 (download)

1.open .ZIP file containing the 41560855 folder
step1.jpg

2.extract the folder to the desktop

step2.jpg

3.Open up USBXtaf to load your USB Device go to "file" and "open device"

4.Now go to new folder and name it "content" (remove quotes)
step4.jpg

5.This will create a new directory it will say {dir}content. double click this

6.you will see three periods "..." meaning "go back" now create a new folder with 16 0's
(if you don't feel confident with the zeros copy and paste this 0000000000000000)

step6.jpg

7.this will create a new directory inside the "content" one ({dir}0000000000000000)
double click this directory

8.now drag the 41560855 folder to the Xtaf window, this may take a while.

step8.jpg

9.Almost done, now connect your USB into your Xbox, and on the dashboard go to system then memory
myxboxsystemsettings.jpg

10.go to your USB and press games it will say black ops then press that, it should say Title Update #9 press that and move it to your HDD.

syssettings_hd_games.jpg

DONE :tongue: :biggrin:

How is this useful?:
Let's say you don't have access to the internet and a new patch comes out for the game, easy just go to the nearest internet cafe and follow this tutorial.
or maybe you want to relive the experience of barrier glitches on Ascension, COTD, or Shangri-la just download the patch that adds support and done.

I hope this tutorial has been helpful.
if you need a particular patch from a specific game PM me and I'll have it uploaded for you. :biggrin:

O

oden1st

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the tut....but I had did the exact steps earlier today when you gave me the first link to the #9 update.....I'm familiar with xtaf...I moved the update and the maps to the 360 as well as my profile(the one that d/l the map pack(annihilation)...but maps don't show up....any ideas?

MeXiCaNSkAtEr69

MeXiCaNSkAtEr69

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the tut....but I had did the exact steps earlier today when you gave me the first link to the #9 update.....I'm familiar with xtaf...I moved the update and the maps to the 360 as well as my profile(the one that d/l the map pack(annihilation)...but maps don't show up....any ideas?
you bought the maps on another xbox
when you buy DLC or GoDs the xbox where you buy it has permission to play on all its profile online and offline if you pass your profile to another xbox then the only way to access them is online.
what you have to do is connect your account on xbox live then go to account management and select license transfer.

T

The Average Pro

Reaction score
Sin$
can someone help me? i have downloaded the latest fallout new vegas title update and i have put it in cache partition/cache but the update is not in effect can someone help?

adbdragonmaster

adbdragonmaster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
can someone help me do this for the minecraft TU13 update? It doesn't seem to be working.

R

ReconMaster

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, can someone please help me out. Ive been trying to do this with metal gear solid 5 ground zeroes. When i check the save game/folder on the usb, it shows the MGS GZ title update right there but when i try to copy it says i cant move this item. "this item cannot be moved or copied". Some one please help me out. Thanks in advance! I have died for MGS ground zeroes, your help will be VERY APPRECIATED.

E

Extreme XXX

Reaction score
Sin$
I just downloaded call of duty black ops 3 for my jtag xbox 360, at first it told me that it needs an uptade, so I downloaded it on my usb and added the title uptade. Now it tells me: "Notice:
In order to play multiplayer, you need to download new required content
And it tells me it needs to be connected to xbox live. Can you help me bypass this. Thank you

Tehenhauin

Tehenhauin

Don't worry, be happy
Reaction score
Sin$
I just downloaded call of duty black ops 3 for my jtag xbox 360, at first it told me that it needs an uptade, so I downloaded it on my usb and added the title uptade. Now it tells me: "Notice:
In order to play multiplayer, you need to download new required content
And it tells me it needs to be connected to xbox live. Can you help me bypass this. Thank you
I don't recommend hijacking a thread like that but to fix that problem you need to either convert it to a GOD formaot or copy the content files from disk 1 to your content folder

moonstone_77

moonstone_77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Installing updates to xbox:
I've gotten a bunch of PM's from people asking if i can pass them an update for a specific game to avoid spamming my inbox with these messages I've decided to make a tutorial on this to help those who have the map packs but somehow lost internet service on their xbox :rolleyes: .

Requirements:

1.A configured USB flash-drive for xbox 360
(How to configure your USB)

on the dashboard move right until you hit system settings,
myxboxsystemsettings.jpg

go to memory, select your usb device and press configure now or customize if you want some space for documents and such

syssettings_configusb.jpg
2.USBXtaf explorer
3.the knowledge of simple counting

Procedures:
For this tutorial I will be using Black Ops Title Update 9 (download)

1.open .ZIP file containing the 41560855 folder
step1.jpg

2.extract the folder to the desktop

step2.jpg

3.Open up USBXtaf to load your USB Device go to "file" and "open device"

4.Now go to new folder and name it "content" (remove quotes)
step4.jpg

5.This will create a new directory it will say {dir}content. double click this

6.you will see three periods "..." meaning "go back" now create a new folder with 16 0's
(if you don't feel confident with the zeros copy and paste this 0000000000000000)

step6.jpg

7.this will create a new directory inside the "content" one ({dir}0000000000000000)
double click this directory

8.now drag the 41560855 folder to the Xtaf window, this may take a while.
step8.jpg

9.Almost done, now connect your USB into your Xbox, and on the dashboard go to system then memory
myxboxsystemsettings.jpg

10.go to your USB and press games it will say black ops then press that, it should say Title Update #9 press that and move it to your HDD.

syssettings_hd_games.jpg

DONE :tongue: :biggrin:

How is this useful?:
Let's say you don't have access to the internet and a new patch comes out for the game, easy just go to the nearest internet cafe and follow this tutorial.
or maybe you want to relive the experience of barrier glitches on Ascension, COTD, or Shangri-la just download the patch that adds support and done.

I hope this tutorial has been helpful.
if you need a particular patch from a specific game PM me and I'll have it uploaded for you. :biggrin:
Hi Mexican I know this is an old thread but can I ask on step 10 when u say copy it to the internal hard drive can I ask copy it where on the HDD copy it into the said game folder or in a 000bd00 folder I think or into cache folder. If its the cache folder this has posed afew problems for user hasn't it thanks

Tehenhauin

Tehenhauin

Don't worry, be happy
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't recommend hijacking a thread like that but to fix that problem you need to either convert it to a GOD formaot or copy the content files from disk 1 to your content folder
No reply needed, to prevent thread hijack but you're totally wrong, bo3 has no content install, just need some additional fils of xbox live

Choseface12

Choseface12

Reaction score
Sin$
Question for gta 5 when I launch the game it asks for an update should I let that update? Or will it do something to my rgh

Top Bottom
Login
Register