What's new

Discussion Xbox 360 will stop recieving support in 2016. What do you think about it ?

• Thread starter KelseyQuicky
  • Start date
  • Views 1,225
KelseyQuicky

KelseyQuicky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The support for xbox 360 will stop in 2016 according to this guy -- Xbox Marketing and Strategy Chief Yusuf Mehdi said the Xbox 360 "is going to go for another three years."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-04-microsoft-xbox-360-will-last-three-more-years

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/09/microsoft-xbox-360-support-to-go-for-another-three-years/

What are you all going to do when it does ? Move to the new console ? Stop gaming ?

Sosa

Sosa

i been had polio
Reaction score
Sin$
I would hope by 2016 people won't be playing 360 anymore, seeing as it will be 11 years old. I already have an Xbox One and the only 360 i have is my JTAG which I don't use for much.

Advert 7s

Advert 7s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I hope they come out with some sort of cod collection, with all the old cods maybe on one server, that would suck if zombies were not around no more(to play online), so I don't think Treyarch will want that to happen to their games, give it a few years, they will have BO1 and II.....

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The support for xbox 360 will stop in 2016 according to this guy -- Xbox Marketing and Strategy Chief Yusuf Mehdi said the Xbox 360 "is going to go for another three years."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-04-microsoft-xbox-360-will-last-three-more-years

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/09/microsoft-xbox-360-support-to-go-for-another-three-years/

What are you all going to do when it does ? Move to the new console ? Stop gaming ?
I can accept that. I will be in Law School and probably will be too busy to play hardcore.
I would hope by 2016 people won't be playing 360 anymore, seeing as it will be 11 years old. I already have an Xbox One and the only 360 i have is my JTAG which I don't use for much.
I'm surprised you don't use your JTAG for much. I have my one RGH for online use and then my other RGH is loaded with nearly 1TB of games and emulators to play. It is going to take me a long time to run out of things to play. I'll still be playing 360 well-past when there is no longer support for it. I still play my PS2 on occasion.

ihatecompvir

ihatecompvir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think it'll "last" (as in being played by a lot of people) a lot longer than 3 years. Maybe 5-6 years at the max. Games like Black Ops Zombies and Halo 3 will probably be one of those games that people play on System Link for many years to come.

As for Xbox Live 360 being supported, I'm going to assume it'll be around until 2018/19 at the latest.

T

Toothless

7s Official Dragon
Reaction score
Sin$
I wish it would be supported for as long as Xbox Live exist.

Sosa

Sosa

i been had polio
Reaction score
Sin$
I can accept that. I will be in Law School and probably will be too busy to play hardcore.

I'm surprised you don't use your JTAG for much. I have my one RGH for online use and then my other RGH is loaded with nearly 1TB of games and emulators to play. It is going to take me a long time to run out of things to play. I'll still be playing 360 well-past when there is no longer support for it. I still play my PS2 on occasion.
just don't have much to do on it, might start doing what you are doing and just downloading games i haven't played..

H

H7SA

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
I hope they come out with some sort of cod collection, with all the old cods maybe on one server, that would suck if zombies were not around no more(to play online), so I don't think Treyarch will want that to happen to their games, give it a few years, they will have BO1 and II.....
You'll always have ways to play multiplayer even if XBL is down. You can play on LiNK (modded console) or XLink Kai which requires low ping, but can be played on retails.

MajorPrune

MajorPrune

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If there is no support for it, what that means ? You won't be able to play online on it or something ?

rghZane

rghZane

Verified Skid.
Reaction score
Sin$
I would hope to see users switching to home-brew hacked systems, with everyone using LiNK as an alternative on Aurora/FSD. Sure, official support may decease and LIVE may shut down, but the scene will and should still be alive - as long as there is a community. :smile:

KelseyQuicky

KelseyQuicky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well the console will be 12 years old ? I think. So I wouldn't be surprised if they did stop XBL then.

But I think with all the online servers we have for modded consoles, Someone will find a way to use retails online for everyone.

N

NikeMoDz

Trusted Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
i dont care if they stop supporting the 360 jtags will be easy gettin online longer and thats good

Everydaynine_

Everydaynine_

Working on Me Full Time
Reaction score
Sin$
GOOD! that means no more seeing you ******s rehashing cod 24/7

plus the new cods are dedicated servers, so even if the xbox one get hacks .. There will be no mods

YES!!!

snafu

snafu

Retired
Retired
Hidden Devils
A Milli Programmer Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
GOOD! that means no more seeing you ******s rehashing cod 24/7

plus the new cods are dedicated servers, so even if the xbox one get hacks .. There will be no mods

YES!!!
happy-oh-stop-it-you.png

Top Bottom
Login
Register