• Thread starter WeededDragon1
  • Start date
  • Views 19,168
W

WeededDragon1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My Xbox 360 Disc Drive will start spinning then stop, I don't know how to fix it but I would appreciate it if there was a fix to it. I'm pretty sure I have a benq drive and I have no clue what is wrong with it. To play games I have to keep ejecting it and closing it until the disc finally keeps spinning.

This is what my drive looks like.
photopnd.jpg

A video could probably describe it more than my words could so here is a video I took.

I would love any fixes to this, if it is my only choice I will buy a drive and flash it but I really don't want to do that.

FauxAffliction

FauxAffliction

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
That would be the laser. Does your T.V say open tray? Probably...Replace the laser with this

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
W

WeededDragon1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Faux, is there anywhere else I could buy a laser? Like Amazon? I see some lasers on Amazon but they are GDR-3120L and GDR-3120G, which one do I pick?

And No my Drive is not flashed.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it possible to do the POT tweak for Hitachi Drives?

I have come to the conclusion that I actually have a Benq Drive, any fixes for that?
POT tweak is for all drives. Can't really do it unless you have a multimeter though. So if you have a multimeter then try POT tweak. If you don't I would suggest buying a new drive instead of replacing the laser.

W

WeededDragon1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
POT tweak is for all drives. Can't really do it unless you have a multimeter though. So if you have a multimeter then try POT tweak. If you don't I would suggest buying a new drive instead of replacing the laser.

Okay, Thanks. My father has a multimeter so I guess I will have to borrow it from him, is there a tutorial for the Benq drive anywhere?

Never mind about finding that tutorial, I found one here on Se7ensins.

FauxAffliction

FauxAffliction

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You could guess and turn it very slowly clockwise. That's what I do at work when i'm lazy :tongue: If it's not working I have to pull out the multimeter before I blow the laser :frown:

Top Bottom
Login
Register