1. Think you have what it takes to join staff? Click here and check out the Staff thread to find out more information!
  2. Looking to spice up your game collection with a copy of the highly anticipated Bungie title Destiny? Hop on your ship and engage its hyper drive, this contest is going to be a heated one! Visit the contest by clicking here.
  3. Hello Guest, our very own Vanilla Minecraft Server is now up! Be sure to grab a few friends and check out the server here so that you guys can start your very own faction! Check it out HERE!

Xbox 360 Starts Spinning Discs Then Stops

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support' started by WeededDragon1, Jan 15, 2011 with 8 replies and 7,844 views.

1. WeededDragon1

WeededDragon1 Enthusiast

My Xbox 360 Disc Drive will start spinning then stop, I don't know how to fix it but I would appreciate it if there was a fix to it. I'm pretty sure I have a benq drive and I have no clue what is wrong with it. To play games I have to keep ejecting it and closing it until the disc finally keeps spinning.

This is what my drive looks like.
    [​IMG]

A video could probably describe it more than my words could so here is a video I took.

I would love any fixes to this, if it is my only choice I will buy a drive and flash it but I really don't want to do that.
  2. FauxAffliction

FauxAffliction Getting There

That would be the laser. Does your T.V say open tray? Probably...Replace the laser with this
  3. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Did you flash this drive? If so make a new FW and flash it again.
  4. WeededDragon1

WeededDragon1 Enthusiast

Faux, is there anywhere else I could buy a laser? Like Amazon? I see some lasers on Amazon but they are GDR-3120L and GDR-3120G, which one do I pick?

And No my Drive is not flashed.
  5. EclipseModz

Before buying a new laser. Try the POT tweak first.
  6. WeededDragon1

WeededDragon1 Enthusiast

Is it possible to do the POT tweak for Hitachi Drives?

I have come to the conclusion that I actually have a Benq Drive, any fixes for that?
  7. EclipseModz

POT tweak is for all drives. Can't really do it unless you have a multimeter though. So if you have a multimeter then try POT tweak. If you don't I would suggest buying a new drive instead of replacing the laser.
  8. WeededDragon1

WeededDragon1 Enthusiast

Okay, Thanks. My father has a multimeter so I guess I will have to borrow it from him, is there a tutorial for the Benq drive anywhere?

Never mind about finding that tutorial, I found one here on Se7ensins.
  9. FauxAffliction

FauxAffliction Getting There

You could guess and turn it very slowly clockwise. That's what I do at work when i'm lazy :P If it's not working I have to pull out the multimeter before I blow the laser :(