What's new

Discussion Xbox 360 Servers (Will They Ever Be Shutdown?)

Do you think the servers will ever be shutdown?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Diaz

Diaz

Se7ensins Official Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
61yx3uRbbnL._SL1000_.jpg

So this just recently came across my mind if this was ever going to happen, which I really really hope it does not, but i'm just going to say what I have to say and let you members spice it up from your opinions as well, do you think they will ever be shutdown? Well heres what I think, from my knowing I am pretty sure Xbox 360 and Xbox One servers are linked (ran as one) so if there on the same server, why take 360 off the net? I kind of stated it wrong but what do you guys think about it? Let me know and post below! Share your thoughts!

U

UnderCoverTrump

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I hope it does so all of these servers go away and people stop getting scammed for something that's not listed properly.

Diaz

Diaz

Reaction score
Sin$
They will be.

I hope it does so all of these servers go away and people stop getting scammed for something that's not listed properly.

They may be.. dought it will be anytime soon realistically .. because we would have heard something.. before there shut down there will be huge announcements.. and there still making Xbox 360's sooo..

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I give it two or three more years. I feel like by then games will just be released on current gen consoles and people will have mostly moved on. It is sad in a way though. Some gaming experiences on there were done so well it is a shame to see them go (some already being gone when the game-spy servers were shut down).

Diaz

Diaz

Reaction score
Sin$
I give it two or three more years. I feel like by then games will just be released on current gen consoles and people will have mostly moved on. It is sad in a way though. Some gaming experiences on there were done so well it is a shame to see them go (some already being gone when the game-spy servers were shut down).
Well that is true, I would love these servers to stay up forever

Ryan

Ryan

Retired
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Santa's Helper Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd say the servers would be up a few more years at the most, anything past that probably wouldn't be profitable enough for a company like Microsoft, despite how many players are still on it.

Hulk

Hulk

️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️
Administrator
Trifecta Odysseus' Summit MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Sooner or later all good things must come to an end. I don't think I have ever seen or experienced an actual server shutdown of something as big as Xbox 360. I am sure it is probably because I wasn't too active gaming wise when PS3 and Xbox came out. It was only towards the end I became really active. I am sure if it happens to Xbox 360 then it will happen to PS3 as well.

Diaz

Diaz

Reaction score
Sin$
I'd say the servers would be up a few more years at the most, anything past that probably wouldn't be profitable enough for a company like Microsoft, despite how many players are still on it.
Exactly what I was thinking to, just like Atlas said as well, hopefully there up for a few more years because I will tell you I love my 360, especially all my jtags etc you no how it is 
Sooner or later all good things must come to an end. I don't think I have ever seen or experienced an actual server shutdown of something as big as Xbox 360. I am sure it is probably because I wasn't too active gaming wise when PS3 and Xbox came out. It was only towards the end I became really active. I am sure if it happens to Xbox 360 then it will happen to PS3 as well.
Ugh, man I really hope this stuff stays u for awhile man, i would be devastated if it got taken down sooner than or about year, just because of what I said to Atlas

NerdysMods

NerdysMods

LOL THATS NOT MY BIRTHDAY
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
No what would be nice when they shut down and they sent out an update allowing unsigned code to be run

Onlineweare

Onlineweare

Inspiration is key
Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't see the point of backwards compatibility if they shutdown the server anytime soon.

O

OSRS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Within a few years, they'll shut down the Xbox 360 Server's due to upkeep costs and what not, and realize that they're losing money even though the Microsoft Corporation is already pretty wealthy, so they'll release all the old school dlcs and what not from Xbox 360's servers to make / obtain more funds.

its quit sad to say, that's why I just play console games offline and play online games via PC.

iExtreme

iExtreme

Console Seller | Lobby Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
61yx3uRbbnL._SL1000_.jpg

So this just recently came across my mind if this was ever going to happen, which I really really hope it does not, but i'm just going to say what I have to say and let you members spice it up from your opinions as well, do you think they will ever be shutdown? Well heres what I think, from my knowing I am pretty sure Xbox 360 and Xbox One servers are linked (ran as one) so if there on the same server, why take 360 off the net? I kind of stated it wrong but what do you guys think about it? Let me know and post below! Share your thoughts!
i keep hearing the servers will be getting shut down at the end of 2016. i highly doubt they will be getting shut down anytime soon.

E

Ellie_Goulding

Leader of EliG clan
Reaction score
Sin$
With backwards compatibility coming out i dont see them being shut down for a long time, probably not until the next gen (PS5 and Xboxs forth console which is rumored by me to be called the Xbox Two Cool 4U). They have spent loads on backwards compatibility and its not even fully out yet it will take at least a year before we have that up and running. After investing in backwards compatibility as a USP of xbox one i dont see them cutting down the servers and destroying their USP, it would be a joke (even if hardly anyone uses the feature they will still keep it they are too invested financially). Thanks to backwards compatibility we will have xbox servers for years to come, by the time they cut them offline you probably wont even care that much you will be sat their on your Jtagged Xbox Two Cool 4U modding Call Of Duty: Black Ops 8, Forza Horizon 6 and Peggle.

Top Bottom
Login
Register