What's new

Solved Xbox 360 - Disc is unreadable (Burned backups)

R

Rokuw

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello friends, as the title says, I burned a Fallout 3 ISO file and when I inserted it in the 360, the game thumbnail appeared ("Play Fallout 3" along with the thumbnail). As this is my first time I ever burned an XBOX 360 game, I was happy.

However, right after starting the game, before any menus and anything, I got the infamous "Disc is unreadable" error. When I ran it trough ABGX I got 3 errors. Here's the log:
As you can see, I got "ISO file is too small", "Stealth Check failed", and "AutoFix Failed"...

Right after running ABGX, I ran BurnerMAX (with successs), and then, right off to Imgburn.
I selected a 2,4x speed, and burned the game.

I think I did everything ok, because I think the problem is the media. The DualLayer DVD I bought has no brand. Actually, no visible brand printed anywhere, I just bougth three from a tech shop here over my city. They just have a white cover and nothing more, and they came a little bit scratched.

Only a little bit, I didn't think it would be the cause of a problem till now :frown:

So, would a kind soul help and instruct me?

Bear

Bear

Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Is Fallout 3 even XGD3? If it's XGD2, then you don't need to use BurnerMax.

Also, the red text looks like you've downloaded a bad ISO or just extracted it wrong. I recommend downloading another ISO or try to extract the .rar file again.

Another thing to note is that you're going to want use Verbatim Discs for the best results. I would use Verbatim for XGD3 but you can use a cheaper brand for XGD2 games like Memorex.

bboybambam

bboybambam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello friends, as the title says, I burned a Fallout 3 ISO file and when I inserted it in the 360, the game thumbnail appeared ("Play Fallout 3" along with the thumbnail). As this is my first time I ever burned an XBOX 360 game, I was happy.

However, right after starting the game, before any menus and anything, I got the infamous "Disc is unreadable" error. When I ran it trough ABGX I got 3 errors. Here's the log:
As you can see, I got "ISO file is too small", "Stealth Check failed", and "AutoFix Failed"...

Right after running ABGX, I ran BurnerMAX (with successs), and then, right off to Imgburn.
I selected a 2,4x speed, and burned the game.

I think I did everything ok, because I think the problem is the media. The DualLayer DVD I bought has no brand. Actually, no visible brand printed anywhere, I just bougth three from a tech shop here over my city. They just have a white cover and nothing more, and they came a little bit scratched.

Only a little bit, I didn't think it would be the cause of a problem till now :frown:

So, would a kind soul help and instruct me?

-First of all Hey so fallout is an XGD2. that's why L0 contains data. no nee to worry about that.
-Second the db was moved to TX's servers so the domain abgx360.net has not been pointed to the new host yet. To get the abgx360 app working again you will need to download this abgx360.ini file and extract it from the zip archive to the folder directly above your StealthFiles folder. To find out where your StealthFiles folder is, open abgx360 GUI v1.0.2 or later and press Ctrl+F (and click yes to have it opened for you). Then go one folder up to where you see the abgx360.dat file and put that abgx360.ini file you extracted in there right next to it. This should fix the Disc is unreadable" error. (if you have all the other stuff correctly configured.) hope this helps.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
and they came a little bit scratched.
That's probably your problem. DL dvds are not like normal 4.7GB DVDs. Especially when it comes to xbox 360 games. It's xgd2 which shouldn't be effected so much by scratches, but if it was scratched before it was burned then it seems logical. Try another disk, but this time don't use the burnermax payload tool. And if you don't mind waiting check the verify box.

R

Rokuw

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, it doesn't seem like the problem is the extraction, I just extracted it again and same errors on ABGX...

Now the problem narrowed down a bit. The Unreadable error could be either a bad ISO or a bad DVD. Right now I'm downloading another ISO (Halo 4)... I'll proceed trough the same steps and if ABGX is fine, burnerMAX too, and it gives out the same error on the c0nsole, the problem is the media.

I only have one more question: Since I'm from Brazil, there's just really no (physical at least) shops that sell either Verbatim or Memorex DVDs; So could you suggest me a reliable online shop that sells it?

But hey, thanks dude, I'm going to keep you up-to-date on the situation here cause more people might have the same problem...

R

Rokuw

Reaction score
Sin$
-First of all Hey so fallout is an XGD2. that's why L0 contains data. no nee to worry about that.
-Second the db was moved to TX's servers so the domain abgx360.net has not been pointed to the new host yet. To get the abgx360 app working again you will need to download this abgx360.ini file and extract it from the zip archive to the folder directly above your StealthFiles folder. To find out where your StealthFiles folder is, open abgx360 GUI v1.0.2 or later and press Ctrl+F (and click yes to have it opened for you). Then go one folder up to where you see the abgx360.dat file and put that abgx360.ini file you extracted in there right next to it. This should fix the Disc is unreadable" error. (if you have all the other stuff correctly configured.) hope this helps.

Thanks mate, you're a genius! I didn't know about that host change :smile: That solved all problems regarding ABGX xD

That's probably your problem. DL dvds are not like normal 4.7GB DVDs. Especially when it comes to xbox 360 games. It's xgd2 which shouldn't be effected so much by scratches, but if it was scratched before it was burned then it seems logical. Try another disk, but this time don't use the burnermax payload tool. And if you don't mind waiting check the verify box.

Yeah, I'm sure the problem is in either the media i bought or ABGX errors. Since there are no longer ABGX errors (thanks bboybambam), I'm going to reburn the game on the second DVD out of those three i bought to narrow even more the problem. If it doesn't work, the problem is the DVD, if it works, the problem was ABGX.
Strange thing is that Fallout 3 is XGD2, so I thought those tiny scratches all over the media wouldn't interfere....
Well, let's see about that :smile:

Thanks to all!

Top Bottom
Login
Register