1. SotFN #170 (read more)

Hello, Guest! Be sure to check out Sig of the Fortnight HERE and vote for which signature you think looks the best! Whilst you're there voting for the best signature, be sure to put your vote in for the next theme!

Xbox 360 Blown Fuse

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by UIquiorra IV, Apr 4, 2010 with 2 replies and 1,814 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UIquiorra IV

UIquiorra IV Enthusiast

My jtag xenon recently got rrod so I went ahead and did the x-clamp fix on it. When doing the x-clamp fix in order to hold the mobo and heat sinks down I screwed everything down to the xbox's metal case like in this tut: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/104275-how-to-fix-e-74-error-and-rrod-red-ring-of-death/ but like the idiot i am lol, I forgot to use some rubber washers. So when i plugged my xbox in and turned it on I heard a poping sound and now the power brick doesnt even turn on. I know i blew a fuse in the power brick so I added some rubber washers to the x-clamp fix so it wont blow a fuse ever again. But what im wondering is, do you guys think the mobo is damaged? or is it just the power brick thats dead? I want to make sure before I go spending $50 on a new power brick.

2. The Steve

The Steve Not a Pirate Retired

Its the power brick trust me, EB games $40 if you plug the power bar in and the light does not even turn on its the brick.

3. offica1 g33k

offica1 g33k Getting There

yes, its the power brick, not the motherboard. ill sell a PSU for $30, practically new :biggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.