• Thread starter Bo2isgood
  • Start date
  • Views 508
B

Bo2isgood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys first i wanna say im not sure in which category to post this. Since its regarding Windows 10 i'll post it here. Any admins reading this correct me if im wrong and move it :smile:

So back to the question. Has anyone tried installing Windows 10 on a Macbook Air ? (2016) I tried this when Windows 10 just came out and it was terrible... 90degrees celsius with only watching a YouTube video! Also battery life degraded ofcourse... But when Windows 10 just came out and i tried it on my pc. It was way to slow! but after waiting until like February/March 2016 i dont know the exact date i finally updated and it was very responsive and did even look faster then windows 7/8.1 on the same pc! So did anyone try this on the Macbook Air ?
If not i can always try it just to see if it has got any better if not i can always delete it! But it would save me storage/time to try.
Still thanks for reading and thanks in advance for commenting on this thread!

Operating System
  1. Windows
Reedradar

Reedradar

Flex and bass is what life is all about.
Reaction score
Sin$
Instead of doing this use a VM. Windows on a Mac is silly. I have not tried it though.

B

Bo2isgood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Instead of doing this use a VM. Windows on a Mac is silly. I have not tried it though.
I don't feel using a vm is like really using it.. it would be stupid to boot into OS X and then boot up a vm to use an internet browser ??

Reedradar

Reedradar

Flex and bass is what life is all about.
Reaction score
Sin$
Why are u using win 10 for its browser

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys first i wanna say im not sure in which category to post this. Since its regarding Windows 10 i'll post it here. Any admins reading this correct me if im wrong and move it :smile:

So back to the question. Has anyone tried installing Windows 10 on a Macbook Air ? (2016) I tried this when Windows 10 just came out and it was terrible... 90degrees celsius with only watching a YouTube video! Also battery life degraded ofcourse... But when Windows 10 just came out and i tried it on my pc. It was way to slow! but after waiting until like February/March 2016 i dont know the exact date i finally updated and it was very responsive and did even look faster then windows 7/8.1 on the same pc! So did anyone try this on the Macbook Air ?
If not i can always try it just to see if it has got any better if not i can always delete it! But it would save me storage/time to try.
Still thanks for reading and thanks in advance for commenting on this thread!
Assuming you're running Yosemite or later, you can install Windows 10 with support drivers using bootcamp utility. Drivers were updated about a month ago so you should be good to go.

humodys73

humodys73

Reaction score
Sin$
Wow, it is very complicated, you need a familiar programmer to do this.

Harry

Harry

Dope
Programmer Mythical Veteran Journalist
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Just buy a Windows laptop? I don't see the advantage of installing this on a Macbook! But if you must, isn't dual booting possible?

Top Bottom
Login
Register