Why is the max level 81.5

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim' started by LiTtLe CoDy2, Jan 7, 2012 with 7 replies and 1,148 views.

1. LiTtLe CoDy2

LiTtLe CoDy2 Enthusiast

I have all skills level 100 and im level 81.5..how am i suppose to lvl?
  2. Evil Fefe

Evil Fefe Otaku

It's because Bethesda has a weird form of trolling.
  3. OLine57

OLine57 Savin' lives and takin' names Premium

The way your overall level is increased is by leveling your skills. Once all your skills are at max level, your overall level can no longer be increased, hence the reason you can only level up to 81. Unless the level cap is somehow increased by Bethesda, you will only ever be able to max out at level 81.
  4. Weeb

Weeb Leech®

Because Chuck Norris said so...

but really, its been like that for most of their games, so unless they bring out expansion packs it will remain that way
  5. LiTtLe CoDy2

LiTtLe CoDy2 Enthusiast

Thanks..i wanted to know cause i need more perks to upgrade some skills
  6. Pedophile

Pedophile Contributor

That's just when you run out of skills to level up. The idea is to use your perks strategically. Anyways, if you want an unending experience, go play the second Elder Scroll game, Daggerfall. The total world size is around half a million square kilometers/miles (can't remember which) compared to Skyrim that's sitting at around 20 square kilometers/miles. The skills are open-ended, meaning they don't end at 100, they never end, and running from one corner of the map to the other will take 10 IRL days. It's also free. It is, however, randomly generated, unlike Skyrim which is hand made, and was made in the nineties, so it doesn't have the best graphics and you'll have to use a DOS emulator to play it (or install an old version of Windows in a VM.)

http://www.elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/
  7. Beta the Data

Beta the Data Enthusiast

Oops, im Level 97 :eek:
  8. OLine57

OLine57 Savin' lives and takin' names Premium

I meant for the consoles, the cap is 81. Unless you convert your save to PC, make your level higher then convert it back. My friend did that and he is level 101 on the 360. But again, I assumed the OP was not using exploits.