• Views 4,764
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You do realize that most of what they made from sales goes to pay for the 5+ years of production it took to make the game?

Not to mention cash card payouts go straight to keeping servers online, creating content, and fixing glitches. They aren't greedy, if you're seriously upsetthat Rockstar gives players a way to fund the game and get rewards for it, then you should return your game and go play games made by EA

Their budget was $265 million. They made ~$3.5 Billion as of Feb 4th 2014. They have made around 12 times the money in profit and that number is ever growing. Basic problem solving will show they've earned their money back (and then some) already (quoted from a Rockstar Support thread).

Not decrying the use of cards (as many have quoted my post and decided that it was the case - they're like Apple products. There's always a better, and cheaper alternative but you'll always have someone with money falling out of their pockets, wanting something to spend it on and ignoring the alternative, and better products which sit beside it - or in this case, someone who wants to play 'clean') but I am decrying that it's at every turn and thrust into your face. Want to buy some ammo but spent all your money on insurance because of someone griefing with no money and blowing up your garage? Looks like the money you've grinded is coming out of your pocket! But wait....you're out of cash. Come on over to this shop and drop £64 if you please (of course, there are cheaper tiers but those will burn up a lot quicker).

Yes, you've got to have a method to pay the bills (which is perfectly fine) but when you shove a real world money solution into your face that's a step too far. I don't mind them when they're hiding in some obscure menu but I do dislike the fact that if you aren't holding cash and say, need to get some health back from a vending machine *pop* - here comes the prompt for me to drop money. Same can be said if a car gets destroyed and the offending player has no money to pay for the insurance claim. You drop real cash to recover virtual cars all because of someone griefing. Leave the match I suspect you'd say. That's nice and all but it isn't getting me my car back. Grind some missions I would also hear you say - You can only grind so much before it loses its edge and becomes a slog.

Of course, you may agree with some points, disagree with some (or most) or fly off the handle with assumptions but that's how I see things.

God I hate Rockstar, making us earn our money to buy upgrades and cool things. Why can't they just give everyone a billion dollars so we won't have to play the game they created for us and instead just sit around in our garages admiring cars we didn't earn.

Then once we have our billion dollars we can complain that there isn't even anything to do anymore cause Rockstar suck so much and made a bad game!

*sarcasm*

I don't think you entirely understood the paragraph you quoted. I was pointing out that if they made the game less of a slog (referring to grinding the same missions endlessly) and made Shark cards less obvious (tone down the prompts to buy one), I suspect players wouldn't have the everlasting (and nagging) feeling of "I'm not paying for virtual cash. I'll glitch it instead!" and thus, Rockstar wouldn't have as much of an issue with players duping cars and selling them etc.

If you didn't have the sarcastic and assuming attitude, you might have not completely missed the point I was trying to make and running with an assumption (which is completely wrong and based on what petty comments you would find on a Youtube video).

VANAGON

VANAGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
TBH I just want more cars and better houses. Im glad heists arent out yet cause they are going to blow. Its just going to feel like any other mission but a bit more pre-planned.

Even when they are finally released people will still complain about how they werent good and they waited this long for bs heists, they will never be satisfied.

IM pretty satisfied with online and what its given us.

ShadowCrosserX

ShadowCrosserX

Reaction score
Sin$
TBH I just want more cars and better houses. Im glad heists arent out yet cause they are going to blow. Its just going to feel like any other mission but a bit more pre-planned.
Even when they are finally released people will still complain about how they werent good and they waited this long for bs heists, they will never be satisfied.

IM pretty satisfied with online and what its given us.

Yeah, I'm mostly great full right now. I mean, I'm no expert on game developing costs, but I'm pretty sure that if developing an app for a mobile device has fees for things such as licenses, programs, hiring and paying employees, etc. which I know is very expensive because it all adds up, then imagine how much creating a mass 3D world with an immense amount activities to perform, purchasing different licenses from Microsoft, Sony, Steam, etc. so that the game itself can be available on the platforms that they provide, and so on. Rockstar Games may be a big company, but that doesn't mean they can just provide things right away.

Many people forget that negative factors come into play such as delays, time it takes to implement and test the new features in the game while also trying very hard to fix any bugs and glitches within the online mode. Not to mention, paying fees that is required to keep the online services up and running, paying money to keep every single one of their websites up, and so on. I could go on forever. The fact is, the heists probably aren't coming any time soon, but if and when they do it will give at least something for people to come back to. Grand Theft Auto 5: Online is a BETA whether we like it or not.

The entertainment world is a high risk business. That's what some people don't yet understand. Game companies need to be careful how much they really spend on costs, no madder the amount of overall financial capital a company owns. Once again, I'm absolutely no expert on this sort of subject. I'm just glad that we have what we have with GTA: Online.

DeadlySwift7777

DeadlySwift7777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm making this post because everywhere I look I see someone saying "Where is heists", or "Why don't the missions pay out enough". The overall truth is they have released more than 5 DLC's which cost a total of how much? Exactly. So instead of complaining about everything they are not doing, why don't you appreciate what they have given us. I also agree heists should have already been out and missions should pay out more, but I don't go around complaining about it. I suggest everyone else gets on the same boat that I'm in. However this is only my opinion. :banghead::banghead:
funny i made a thread question the complaints and threads b****ing about heist and my post got removed... f*** heist its just something people we cry about when it comes out on how it sucks and Rock* ruins theirs games... SSDD

DeltaJc77

DeltaJc77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
large.jpg

hxckronic

hxckronic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Reason they dont have heists, look at all the previous money glitches oh duh. I bet if they had heists right now there would be a glitch to get billions. I bet if i gave someone a $1000 someone that person would complain why didnt i get $2000. Its silly when your complain about a game because the dlc didnt come out at the time they said or the time that you wanted. Do you guys complain about monopoly or candyland. All im saying is pointless complaining about a GAME, its virtual but people take it way to serious, its meant to have fun or feel excitement.

T

Toast_Soup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Stop calling it DLC. Call it "Mandatory Updates That Make The Game Take Longer To Load" or "Mandatory Updates That R* Patches Anything That Gives You RP or GTA$ So You're Forced To Buy Sharkcards"

RivalBarry

RivalBarry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Complaining or not, they promised us heists a loooong time ago. DLC doesn't substitute for what they told us they would give.

Arxhive

Arxhive

NØISEWΛVE
Hardened Veteran Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm tired of everyone asskissing C* and saying "ZOMG ALL TEH DLCS deY GIVED us IS FR33! 1337!" For Christ's sake everything in their DLCs is ridiculously overpriced, costing hundreds of thousands to millions of GTA$. I'd have to grind the ultimate hell out of RR or any contact mission to get anywhere close to purchasing, for example, a Besra. Their "free" DLCs are just another way to get players to buy Shark Cards, and are nothing but a few clothes items, some re-skinned weapons, some re-skinned vehicles, crappy jobs that nobody will pay, and very few good things. To date the Independence Day update was the only "great" DLC they released, and guess what? It was limited time only.

X

X1xUDoFeaRMex1X

Xk3y User
Reaction score
Sin$
I actually like the way they are prolonging stuff. We keep getting more content. I am still playing GTA on a pretty regular basis. Other games just cannot hold my interest. Yes, I want everything NOW! That's why I did DNS, that's why I glitched, that's why I made sure I had everything. Honestly, the game got boring but with each TU, they've added something I enjoy. Heists will come, and when they do, I hope they are good. I didn't buy the game for heists, I bought it for GTA! I wasn't going to play online, but I tried it and loved it. I've been playing online since the first week. If I had everything, heists and all, I wouldn't be playing this game still. I'm hoping R* will still be doing regular updates a year from now. I can't even imagine all the possibilities they have if they continue with the improvements each month. It's not even the same game, in a sense, from when it got released. It is so much more enjoyable now for me than when I first started playing. I for one am very pleased and I know that this is going to upset a lot of members knowing there is someone who is actually happy with what we have right now. Lol
ya but all the content we have recieved are terrible and they are just wanting us to spend more money on shark cards when they release ive never bought one and sure as hell never will

s1ckmad3

s1ckmad3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Like what? And the only reason they have EVER lied to us is because we come up with these mod menus and glitches. Again it comes back to us. They would never say they are gonna do something and not do it without reason. They are a multi-billion dollar company who wouldn't just lie to their consumers.
i dont appreciate jack **** every player who kept it honest suffered the consequences from the actions of the modders and glitchers so yeah let them complain they have every right to.

XeClutch

XeClutch

Raised on 7S
Mythical Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
We have literally been waiting 11 months for heists. We have every right to be angry. They pretty much confirmed it for the next DLC though.
http://www.rockstargames.com/V/GTAOnline/content
I find it funny that if you look at how that page is setup you would think Heists was the first DLC.

Korra

Korra

Yip Yip
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright. Get ready for the single most biased opinion about R* you will ever hear.

...Here it goes.

I hate Rockstar. They take away our legit methods of earning money (Coveted and Rooftop Rumble) which were completely fair and legitimate, and then they release these **** DLCs with overpriced items. Do you have to buy them? No. But if you want something in the DLC then you will either have to work your *** off in broken missions, or money glitch/mod. R* are console banning people for going into simple money lobbies (in which people join frequently on accident). Listen, Rockstar, if you don't want people in modded lobbies, then fix your broken game. They don't realize that all of these money lobbies and glitches are a direct result of R* "nerfing" the only legit money missions worth your time. I could go on all night about how I hate Rockstar, so I'll just save that for the complaint thread.

Arxhive

Arxhive

NØISEWΛVE
Hardened Veteran Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright. Get ready for the single most biased opinion about R* you will ever hear.

...Here it goes.

I hate Rockstar. They take away our legit methods of earning money (Coveted and Rooftop Rumble) which were completely fair and legitimate, and then they release these **** DLCs with overpriced items. Do you have to buy them? No. But if you want something in the DLC then you will either have to work your *** off in broken missions, or money glitch/mod. R* are console banning people for going into simple money lobbies (in which people join frequently on accident). Listen, Rockstar, if you don't want people in modded lobbies, then fix your broken game. They don't realize that all of these money lobbies and glitches are a direct result of R* "nerfing" the only legit money missions worth your time. I could go on all night about how I hate Rockstar, so I'll just save that for the complaint thread.
tumblr_inline_naw6kg6LJE1sncrgo.gif

Preach on.

s1ckmad3

s1ckmad3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

...Here it goes.

"They don't realize that all of these money lobbies and glitches are a direct result of R* "nerfing" the only legit money missions worth your time." I only disagree with that part only because since gtao launch payouts were awesome and we didnt have dlcs that dangled expensive price tags over our heads to hurry us to purchase and result into purchasing shark cards, modders are just a******s they need no reason to ruin a game they just do not all modders are bad but mostly they all are they scream with attention "look i hacked gtao hurr durrr 1337 status derpity derp" constant youtube vids of their shennanigans etc.

Joshy

Joshy

Premium
Glitcher Mythical Veteran Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Rockstar is awesome for releasing all these past DLCs and allowing us to play online. :happy:
Thank you Rockstar.

Proxy Void

Proxy Void

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think R* never should have implemented the whole "Shark Card" system. I believe they would have made more money if they would've put out a DLC with a lot of stuff and charged $10 or 15$ for it. What all "DLC" items have been released: 30+ vehicles, a few hundred clothing items, a dozen or so weapons, and a content creator/new jobs. In my opinion R* could've rolled all that into two $10 DLC's instead of 6 or 7 free DLC's and expect people to buy shark cards. Has anyone here ever even bought a shark card? I doubt it.

CHICK3NSHRIMP

CHICK3NSHRIMP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I
I think R* never should have implemented the whole "Shark Card" system. I believe they would have made more money if they would've put out a DLC with a lot of stuff and charged $10 or 15$ for it. What all "DLC" items have been released: 30+ vehicles, a few hundred clothing items, a dozen or so weapons, and a content creator/new jobs. In my opinion R* could've rolled all that into two $10 DLC's instead of 6 or 7 free DLC's and expect people to buy shark cards. Has anyone here ever even bought a shark card? I doubt it.
I don't know shark cards exact sales to date. I tried looking around about a week ago. But i do know they're making a killing off of the cards.

This post will give you an idea of how much. As of February.
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thr...ng-millions-off-of-microtransactions.1092476/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register