• Views 4,731
FlamingRabbit

FlamingRabbit

'08er
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You're getting seriously ripped off if you're paying that much money for 8gb of RAM.
Probably got it with his overpriced Mac.

Thresh

Thresh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
and you need aleast 6-8 gb of ram to handle games decently and that is about $500-$700 see thats why i stick with consoles
Didn't see my reply huh? You really don't need 6-8GB even for the top of the line game, heck even bf4 only uses 1.5-2GB playing on ultra. You need even less RAM to play minecraft

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Didn't see my reply huh? You really don't need 6-8GB even for the top of the line game, heck even bf4 only uses 1.5-2GB playing on ultra. You need even less RAM to play minecraft
I don't know what you're doing in minecraft but you need a good amount of ram to play the game, I have 5gb allocated to it with my i7 and I still have FPS issues when I'm around my Redstone machines or mobspawners hell I still have FPS drops before I even reach that point in the game.

ItsAmplix

ItsAmplix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As far as mc in the 360 getting a bigger worlds update it's certainly not outside the realm of possibilities the DEVs of mc 360 could implement a set of options similar to the optifine mod that is available on PC mc and that would take care of manny lag issues associated with a bigger map and it would open up door for possible mod packs Such as build craft . My point is that if my 7 year old hp compaq 6517 with a amd turion x2 and 3gb of ram can run mc with over 200 mods at a playable Fps with optifine installed it's possible to run bigger worlds on mc360.

Tuna Salad

Tuna Salad

Reaction score
Sin$
Minecraft Xbox Does not have The support the Minecraft PC has. Its Basically a different game But there Both made by Mojang

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit End of the Year 2018 Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
and it would open up door for possible mod packs Such as build craft.
Mod packs will never be possible unless they're made and distributed by Microsoft.

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate

Hidden Devil
Hidden Devils
Tutorial Creator Services Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
You're getting seriously ripped off if you're paying that much money for 8gb of RAM.
oh i am? DAaammmnn i thought that was normal 
I don't know what you're doing in minecraft but you need a good amount of ram to play the game, I have 5gb allocated to it with my i7 and I still have FPS issues when I'm around my Redstone machines or mobspawners hell I still have FPS drops before I even reach that point in the game.
i agree with you actually

ItsAmplix

ItsAmplix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Mod packs will never be possible unless they're made and distributed by Microsoft.
That's not my point though my point was that if the DEVs really wanted to they could implement options that would allow bigger worlds and instead of saying mod pack because every one on this site takes every thing so literally I should have said expansion pack DLC that would include something like build craft

Thresh

Thresh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
RAM does not have anything todo with fps, minecraft is a very CPU intensive game (Idk which series I7 you have). RAM does not increase performance but can help when playing at a very long render distance. The redstone probably makes you lag because of the light updates and the poor minecraft optimisation

Last edited:
Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
RAM does not have anything todo with fps, minecraft is a very CPU intensive game (Idk which series I7 you have). RAM does not increase performance but can help when playing at a very long render distance. The redstone probarly makes you lag because of the light updates and the poor minecraft optimisation
The game uses the ram to keep chunks loaded and to spawn mobs, th more mobs that you have the more ram and CPU you will be eating up.

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
That's not my point though my point was that if the DEVs really wanted to they could implement options that would allow bigger worlds and instead of saying mod pack because every one on this site takes every thing so literally I should have said expansion pack DLC that would include something like build craft
Well stuff like OptiFine are copyrighted so they couldn't do that. 4J studios will not add expansion packs that have PC mods in them because they aren't allowed too.

ItsAmplix

ItsAmplix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well stuff like OptiFine are copyrighted so they couldn't do that. 4J studios will not add expansion packs that have PC mods in them because they aren't allowed too.
Dude your compleatly missing my point .

Thresh

Thresh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The game uses the ram to keep chunks loaded and to spawn mobs, th more mobs that you have the more ram and CPU you will be eating up.
So... I don't now what you're trying to get to

RapDog

RapDog

ᴀᴘᴘʟᴇ ᴇɴᴛʜᴜsɪᴀsᴛ
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't understand how a console like the Xbox 360 can't have bigger worlds, but somehow Minecraft Pocket Edition has infinite worlds.

Cosmic Lightning

Cosmic Lightning

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't understand how a console like the Xbox 360 can't have bigger worlds, but somehow Minecraft Pocket Edition has infinite worlds.

it is b/c cell phones and ipads are newer technology than the xbox 360 hence having more room, but mainly I'm betting is that the PE edition uses the cloud, which will severely limit it sooner than later I'm thinking.

What gets me though you can mod pe and pc so extensively well and easily, but the 360 is hard to modify. ;(

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
it is b/c cell phones and ipads are newer technology than the xbox 360 hence having more room, but mainly I'm betting is that the PE edition uses the cloud, which will severely limit it sooner than later I'm thinking.

What gets me though you can mod pe and pc so extensively well and easily, but the 360 is hard to modify. ;(

pQYce5G.png
and still.... ps4/xbox one WONT have infinite worlds..... #4J SUCKS

FlamingRabbit

FlamingRabbit

'08er
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Microsoft is probably the one who said "NO INFINITE WORLDS IT WILL EAT ALL ZE STORAGE."
I'm not saying 4J isn't lazy, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is Microsoft's fault.

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Microsoft is probably the one who said "NO INFINITE WORLDS IT WILL EAT ALL ZE STORAGE."
I'm not saying 4J isn't lazy, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is Microsoft's fault.
They said they don't want to have infinite worlds because the file sizes will be huge and they want to keep them limited.

Top Bottom
Login
Register