• Views 914
Keeley Hazell

Keeley Hazell

Lifetime Premium
Lifetime
5th Anniversary Mythical Veteran A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
So I get paid this Monday and I was thinking about buying either a 2ds or a 3ds. I was originally planning on getting the 2ds since it was a bit cheaper and I found a bundle where I can get Pokemon Y with it.. but I was wondering what your guy's input on this is. The two main reasons I'm getting this is for Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance lol.

XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon

XDK Support
Reaction score
Sin$
Well my daughter has a 2DS, the other daughter has a 3DS, I have a 3DS XL. I find the 2DS is more susceptible to damage since it can't close to protect the screen and between the 3DS and 3DS XL, I vote for the bigger screen to really feel the 3D imagery. The 3DS and 2DS screen sizes are basically the same.

I vote 3DS XL

A

Anniemoon

Reaction score
Sin$
If you want to play Pokemon Y and Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance lol, then recommend you the 3ds. cause that 2ds dont have 3D effect,the other one, currently, there havnt any 3ds game cards can work on it, for all cards can just support 3ds games on FW V4.5-4.1. And the difference between 3ds and 2ds is the former has the 3D effect.

As to the 3ds xl, it's more bigger than 3DS, but they have the same function. So you can based on your own interest to choose between 3DS and 3DS Xl. I own the 3ds xl, much bigger and funtional.

BTW, if you want to play 3ds games, then suggest you to buy gateway 3ds or MT card , both working great and multi-ROM support! Ordered my first MT card from a usa offical based seller: http://www.r4depot.com/15-mt-card-playing-3ds-game-multi-3ds-rom-support.html . Lucky for me I got the genuine one. The guys there are nice and they have updated my card befoer sending it out, so i can use it directly to play pokemon X/Y. Best 3ds rom cards. Trying to order the gateway for my son from them again, cause seems he makes a date with 3ds games too.

Last edited:
Keeley Hazell

Keeley Hazell

Lifetime Premium
Lifetime
5th Anniversary Mythical Veteran A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
After reading these responses and doing some more research, I'm going with the 3DS :biggrin:. I would buy the 3ds xl but I don't really feel like spending an extra $20 for a bigger screen.

N

Nhan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
E

emok898

Reaction score
Sin$
before you by 3DS, you'd better choose a V4.1-V4.5 firmware, because V4.1-V4.5 has been hacked,
you can use flashcarts such as Gateway 3DS , MT Card 3DS to run free download 3DS roms,
it will save much!

ChrissyJoJo

ChrissyJoJo

RB26DETT
Reaction score
Sin$
I own a 2DS and a 3DS to be honestly the 2DS feels super cheap and it is easier to break since you can't protect the screens. I recommend you to get a 3DS :smile:

Frosty Teh Snowman

Frosty Teh Snowman

Hated by many, loved by none.
Mr. Nice Guy Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
3DS for all the extras you can do that a 2DS doesn't bring.

S

smithwhite

Reaction score
Sin$
I strongly recommend 3DS,because you can play 3DS games in 3D,You can buy a second hand 3DS which is v4.5 version console,you can get a gateway 3ds card and play free 3DS games.

Top Bottom
Login
Register