What's new

Solved Where can I get legit DNS for GTA V?

• Thread starter VcS Terror
  • Start date
  • Views 4,512
VcS Terror

VcS Terror

Contributor
Modder Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I know a bypass was found and that some people are charging around $5 a day for some people to use their DNS. My question is what sites is this available on? I personally don't care for this but I have a few friends that have been asking for a DNS.

PimpinDexter

PimpinDexter

Reaction score
Sin$
This one worked for me, I am testing others

# 67.228.2.57 ttg-renivate.com Server - TESTED 1/6/2014
;prod.cloud.rockstargames.com=67.228.2.57

I am using Dual DHCP program to route DNS requests , will post how-to when i figure out the details

Upvote 0
PimpinDexter

PimpinDexter

Reaction score
Sin$
Why the caps?

Anyways, read up on DNS servers and what it is so you understand, your basically connecting GTA to a Proxy..

I didn't use a DNS server I had to create one. It helps knowing a little bit about networks and how it works.

Download and install Dual DHCP Server: http://dhcp-dns-server.sourceforge.net/

Configure your computer with a static IP for it work work, for example my computer was set to 192.168.0.10

In the DualServer.ini config file for the Dual DHCP Server Disable DHCP service by removing the ; in front of DNS

Also add the code below

prod.cloud.rockstargames.com=67.228.2.57

Start the server, leave it running and point your PS3 to use your computer as its DNS server

What happens is simple "if you know networking"
GTA Online is going to request the IP address for its servers it uses, when it asks for "prod.cloud.rockstargames.com"
Your DNS server is going to point to the IP you specified.
Everything else gets forwarded to your computers DNS server, whatever it is.

Upvote 0
TYmaster50

TYmaster50

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Why the caps?

Anyways, read up on DNS servers and what it is so you understand, your basically connecting GTA to a Proxy..

I didn't use a DNS server I had to create one. It helps knowing a little bit about networks and how it works.

Download and install Dual DHCP Server: http://dhcp-dns-server.sourceforge.net/

Configure your computer with a static IP for it work work, for example my computer was set to 192.168.0.10

In the DualServer.ini config file for the Dual DHCP Server Disable DHCP service by removing the ; in front of DNS

Also add the code below

prod.cloud.rockstargames.com=67.228.2.57

Start the server, leave it running and point your PS3 to use your computer as its DNS server

What happens is simple "if you know networking"
GTA Online is going to request the IP address for its servers it uses, when it asks for "prod.cloud.rockstargames.com"
Your DNS server is going to point to the IP you specified.
Everything else gets forwarded to your computers DNS server, whatever it is.

sorry for the noob question but where do we put the json file? I am a beginner in CIS major and I am not very good with networking besides the basic stuff lol. I understood everything else though.

Upvote 0
7s Ecky

S7 EckY

Haggis enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I know a bypass was found and that some people are charging around $5 a day for some people to use their DNS. My question is what sites is this available on? I personally don't care for this but I have a few friends that have been asking for a DNS.

Use Wan5 premium, it's a one off 5$ donation and you get access to 2 servers 1 with god mode an all that jazz and the other the same but with rp aswell.

Upvote 0
VcS Terror

VcS Terror

Contributor
Modder Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Use Wan5 premium, it's a one off 5$ donation and you get access to 2 servers 1 with god mode an all that jazz and the other the same but with rp aswell.
Could you provide me with a link so that I may forward it to a friend?

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register