• Start date
  • Views 519
subway foot long

subway foot long

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran EotM Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Ain't the point of a contest or anything is to sh0w off what you can do. I mean anybody can cut and drag clips, but that's boring. It's a competition, I will try my best to make the best edit ever. So, what's really wrong with overediting?

J

Jedi

That Star Wars Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Though this is just an after effects creation, the same thing applies to editing. My signature is simple yet elegant and attracts the attention of those who see it. If I were to edit it more so and make changes, it would be over edited and would look tacky. Sometimes simple is the best approach.

subway foot long

subway foot long

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Though this is just an after effects creation, the same thing applies to editing. My signature is simple yet elegant and attracts the attention of those who see it. If I were to edit it more so and make changes, it would be over edited and would look tacky. Sometimes simple is the best approach.
Yea I can see stuff being like that, but even edits that look cool people still complain about.

Teh Jinx

Teh Jinx

Kinx
EotM Services Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
It's simply like making a sandwich, but you're putting too much in the sandwich. Although you might like it with a lot inside it, it's too much to be considered as appropriate generally. That is my summary of over editing.

subway foot long

subway foot long

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
It's simply like making a sandwich, but you're putting too much in the sandwich. Although you might like it with a lot inside it, it's too much to be considered as appropriate generally. That is my summary of over editing.
i guess if you look at it that way but it still depends

Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
In my opinion montages and OCE are nothing like what they were a few years ago. Back when I was into montages they where more about the clips that the person had got with sod all editing while now people prefer more editing to the quality of clips :frown:

subway foot long

subway foot long

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
In my opinion montages and OCE are nothing like what they were a few years ago. Back when I was into montages they where more about the clips that the person had got with sod all editing while now people prefer more editing to the quality of clips :frown:
true i can see where you're coming from

Father Christmas

Father Christmas

God Of Mount Olympus
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah as all the others have said over editing just makes the clips/video look tacky because there is that much going on it distracts the viewer from the video (Which is what they want to see), I've seen multiple cod montages that have been over edited and you can't even see what is going on because all the shaking & silly overlays etc. MettiFrags is a perfect example of this, Yes he can edit but he overdoes it to the extent its just meh.
Simple but elegant editing will do the trick and look more pleasing to the eye.

subway foot long

subway foot long

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah as all the others have said over editing just makes the clips/video look tacky because there is that much going on it distracts the viewer from the video (Which is what they want to see), I've seen multiple cod montages that have been over edited and you can't even see what is going on because all the shaking & silly overlays etc. MettiFrags is a perfect example of this, Yes he can edit but he overdoes it to the extent its just meh.
Simple but elegant editing will do the trick and look more pleasing to the eye.
hmm y'all have a point i mean if i can't see what's happening there's no point

Korra

Korra

Yip Yip
Reaction score
Sin$
Would you rather have a female have some make up? Or would you rather have them look like a clown?
Same kinda thing applies here.

VJJ

VJJ

Thanks for everything <3
End of the Year 2015 Stickied A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
When you over edit it looks very unprofessional and some what lazy because you couldn't make it smooth and still able to see.

Top Bottom
Login
Register