• Thread starter Novaa
  • Start date
  • Views 1,348
AltoSaxBLABLA

AltoSaxBLABLA

Lurking Member ⊙▂⊙
Reaction score
Sin$
I use C# because I don't know any another language.

P

pwfdc

Bright Idea Programmer Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This is kind of an unfair question because I use multiple for multiple projects.

For game development I use C# for Unity. For web I use PHP and HTML unless I need to work with something else.
Point is, each language has it's own purpose and it's own strengths and weaknesses. So I use more than one depending on the project.

However, the one I use most is C#.

Ignis Tundo

Ignis Tundo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I tend to use Pascal because it was the first thing I knew (not by my choosing, had to learn it for the course i'm doing).

The_Notorious_BIG

The_Notorious_BIG

NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
Reaction score
Sin$
I got taught Python, so I use that,but right now im teaching myself C#.

Jewish Pikachu

Jewish Pikachu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm fond of software and low level programing, so I mainly use C++ and ASM, for big or complicated projects.
I use VB.net when I quickly need to realease an app on windows devices.
I use lua or xml for scripting systems.
And I use HTML/css Php/SQL and Js for my website and other web projects.
Shame you guys can actually have programing classes in US highschools and I can't. France education sucks. 2 months to go and I'm done with this ****. Can't wait for the college. I've been learning all these on my own.
I'm everything in here except for the last part.

cikcaz

cikcaz

Marketing
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
I know a fair amount of C# used for my small scale Windows projects. For my minor knowledge of web development I know HTML/CSS/PHP/SQL. Currently I am learning Obj-C as I intend to make some apps on Mac/IOS. And I am thinking of just learning the whole C family as it's all very similar.

speedeman

speedeman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
C++ is all I've been learning in school... It really makes things a bit more complicated than they need to be compared to something like JavaScript, though. Next year I learn Visual Basic and this summer I hope to improve on my JavaScript and learn some HTML!

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm using HTML right now to code my website. Pretty familiar with it, very easy to learn. I'm about to be taking classes in web technology for college and I'm going to have to learn PHP and Pearl as well which I am not familiar with in the least bit.

Is anybody familiar with Pearl? I had never even heard of it until I read the classes I was going to take.

After that, I will move to Visual Basic and learn how to make a decent program. Btw, I hear C++ is out of date.

Also, people tell me that Javascript is one of the hardest languages to learn. But Visual Basic is where the money's at from what my mom's boyfriend says.

Xeren

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Legendary Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm using HTML right now to code my website. Pretty familiar with it, very easy to learn. I'm about to be taking classes in web technology for college and I'm going to have to learn PHP and Pearl as well which I am not familiar with in the least bit.

Is anybody familiar with Pearl? I had never even heard of it until I read the classes I was going to take.

After that, I will move to Visual Basic and learn how to make a decent program. Btw, I hear C++ is out of date.

Also, people tell me that Javascript is one of the hardest languages to learn. But Visual Basic is where the money's at from what my mom's boyfriend says.
lolno

Z61

Z61

Some times our saints are sinners
Retired
Programmer Forum Addict Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm just going to ignore that, and if anyone else wants to provide some accurate advice on what Pearl is like, I will check back.
From what I have read, Pearl is similar to PHP in terms of semi-similar syntax and function.

Also, he's right, VB is going nowhere.

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
From what I have read, Pearl is similar to PHP in terms of semi-similar syntax and function.

Thanks.

Hopefully I will get all A's.

I'm buying books next week so I will get to studying :wink:

A

Austin Dizzy

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm just going to ignore that, and if anyone else wants to provide some accurate advice on what Pearl is like, I will check back.

Perl. It's perl.

Anyways, PHP and Perl have very noticeable differences and they're more different than they are similar. Variables are global by default in perl whereas they're local to the respective function in PHP. Perl has a whole slew of extra and different operators than PHP has. Both languages have different ways in terminating and separating statements. PHP has waaaayyyy too many global core functions compared to perl and in general they just clog up documentation with way too many ways to do one task. PHP doesn't support natural regular expressions. Both have different ways of returning operand values. Perl isn't HTML embeddable. PHP has no module system. References are pointers in perl and table aliases in PHP. And many more.

Last edited:
cannedheat

cannedheat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I started out in C from my Amiga days using Dice C, It's the only language i know but i've just bought a book called "Accelerated C++" after a few recommendations. Before that it was C64 assembler and basic, in fact most of the popular 8 bit basics.

Top Bottom
Login
Register