What's new

Discussion What is the best Linux Distro in your opinion?

• Thread starter Triiistan
  • Start date
  • Views 17,355
Call me LEWY

Call me LEWY

Maybe?
Forum Addict Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
It actually looks rather... nice :smile:
you can customize it better than ubuntu aswell. Go to gnome-look.org and get some cool stuff.

Triiistan

Triiistan

Contributor
Experienced Veteran Programmer Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
you can customize it better than ubuntu aswell. Go to gnome-look.org and get some cool stuff.
That's cool to know! I really need my own computer. My dad is so "over-protective" on his computer. He thinks any little change is a "virus" :confused:. He isn't used to anything not Windows... I don't even think he's even heard of Linux OS. These are the only OS's he knows: Windows, OS X. That's about it. Hahaha, good times.

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
If you are on windows, and are installing ubunut, wubi is a smart choice, i just made a new partion and wubi took it from there..

psych0t1csupr1s3

Psych0t1cSupp3r

Linux. Superior, period.
Reaction score
Sin$

I officially give up on this Linux community. If you wanted to you could change entire desktop environments in any distro. That's fail to assume an entire OS has any further customization options than another. Ubuntu is really a terminal with some pretty programs. What you are thinking of is GNOME. That's the desktop environment.

modz4bud

modz4bud

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I officially give up on this Linux community. If you wanted to you could change entire desktop environments in any distro. That's fail to assume an entire OS has any further customization options than another. Ubuntu is really a terminal with some pretty programs. What you are thinking of is GNOME. That's the desktop environment.

You're right, but there's no need to get bent out of shape just because they don't know any better.

Top Bottom
Login
Register