What is freestyle dashboard?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support' started by KiD CuDi, Mar 30, 2010 with 16 replies and 9,980 views.

1. KiD CuDi

KiD CuDi Member

Well since the new search button is a complete insult to the forum I have to ask. What is freestyle dashboard? I know there are a bunch of skins, links please? Are there any tuts for installing and use? And any other important things to know about this (not sure what to call it?).

Thanks,

Sa1nt
    1 person likes this.
  2. The Steve

The Steve Not a Pirate Retired

FEATURES:

* List Xbox 360 games, XBLA games,XBOX games, GOD Packages, applications, emulators, and launch them.
    * Synchronise time via NTP
    * Can move items between menus.
    * Browse games by genre.
    * Favourite games support.
    * View recently played games.
    * Game details including no of players, resolution, sound etc.
    * Full screenshot viewer.
    * Preview video for each game.
    * Support for background artwork for each title, including boxart, screenshots and icon.
    * Use FSD indexer to download artwork (or add manually) and edit the metadata with each game and upload to Xbox 360 either via USB drive or FTP.
    * FTP Passive and Active Support.
    * FTP speeds now support 10Mb+ to internal HDD.
    * FTP working in many more clients.
    * File Browser including copying, moving, renaming and deleting files.
    * Copy DVD to USB drive or HDD.
    * Sounds within user interface.
    * Semi-Transparent menus.
    * Shows Gamertag / Gamerpic / Gamerscore of current signed-in user on main screen.
    * Shows Date and Time in dashboard.
    * Shows free disk space on all drives.
    * Shows temperatures.
    * Show IP address.
    * Parental controls which lock down to only showing XBLA games.
    * Fully skinable.
    * Customizable overscan.
    * Source code released too.
  3. The Steve

http://code.google.com/p/freestyledash/
    Heres there page!
  4. KiD CuDi

KiD CuDi Member

So its like XeXmenu? or does it load up from start?
    1 person likes this.
  5. The Steve

Honestly I have no clue my J-tag should be in this week I just googled FreeSyle Dash, install it and try?
  6. KiD CuDi

KiD CuDi Member

K thanks, anyone else have any input
    1 person likes this.
  7. KiD CuDi

KiD CuDi Member

Still need help installing please?!?!

This support section is starting to suck:(
    1 person likes this.
  8. DopePope

DopePope Getting There

I have mine just on a Flash Drive and just run it through XeXMenu. I dont really like it. I only use it for changing my fan speed. But just download it from the usual place then put it on a Flash drive and run it through XeXMenu. It'll ask you where to install some folder i forget what it is and just install it to the usb. I dont know how to just Run it from the dashboard cause I couldn't find like a XBL Container file. But there is a way. And for having it run from Startup I read some people burn it to a disc and turn on the "Play disc from Startup" Option so its like ur xbox starts up to freestyle dash.
  9. KiD CuDi

KiD CuDi Member

Thanks finally someone answers! And all i need to do is put the exe on the usb?
    1 person likes this.
  10. DopePope

DopePope Getting There

I put the whole Freestyle folder on the usb.
    2 people like this.
  11. phiquach

phiquach Enthusiast

Well, if you downloaded FreeStyle, it has all the instructions with it. Instead of insulting people because they didn't answer quickly, why don't you do your own research like most people do.
    2 people like this.
  12. rumsey

rumsey Enthusiast

+rep for this, all the info you need is in the readme I don't know why people want to be spoon fed "will someone go read the readme for me and then reprint here so I can see the instructions I refused to look at myself???"
  13. KiD CuDi

KiD CuDi Member

Thats interesting, seems to me like I did do the research and the only instructions for the program are very poor and The program lags and does not start properly when you follow them. And if YOU did the researching before being an idiot you would find that no one has made a video or good tutorial for instillation. Well done you made yourself look like a fool.

I ended there but I feel like that is not enough.

Upon downloading it tells you to put a file that does not exist in the hard drive. The do not supply the file so how are the instructions good and able to tell me how to install? If your so damn smart you could have just acted like a adult and helped a person who is not a genius like the rest of you people by simply posting what to do instead of thinking your superior just because you were able to install one program that I am having trouble with. Come back when you have grown up and actually are willing to give back to the forum, instead of being conceited and childish.
  14. DopePope

DopePope Getting There

I love how you got +rep 4 times in this post and you were the one looking for help. I tried helping you out and I got no rep... This place is f***ed...lol
    2 people like this.
  15. phiquach

phiquach Enthusiast

I googled and that is how i learned how to install FreeStyle dash. Also, the instructions are VERY Straight forward telling you what to do.

How am i the "child" in this? You are the person ranting and being a jerk because someone didn't help you "INSTANTLY".

I have NO PROBLEM helping when you make comments like:

"Thanks finally someone answers! And all i need to do is put the exe on the usb?"

You act like you have been waiting for weeks for answers.

"This support section is starting to suck:("

Seriously? People are helping you on THEIR OWN TIME. they are not tech support and get paid to do this. they do it to be nice so maybe you should too.

"And if YOU did the researching before being an idiot you would find that no one has made a video or good tutorial for instillation. Well done you made yourself look like a fool."

Make a video? Again, spoon feeding. You want SOMEONE to take their time to make STEP BY STEP instructions when its already very simple.

MAYBE you should start acting like the adult. I never started calling you an "IDIOT" but you insist. Clearly i am the "idiot" asking for help.
  16. KiD CuDi

KiD CuDi Member

First of all I got it to work. Second of all I am right, you have no idea what your talking about because the people with freestyle upgraded the instructions for 1.2 to the instructions for 1.10 final, they ask you to use iso based help in the the 1.2 package there is none because that didnt come till 1.10. SO tell me one more time how those are great instructions. Third of all you have been on the site since march I saw this site go from a great great forum, to a leeched off and degraded free for all. You used to be able to post a question and have it answered instantly, thats why yes it does suck now. So get owned and shut up.

Got my answer close/
  17. DNICEY

DNICEY Enthusiast

win lol by any chance if u got it work could u help me thanks