What's new

Discussion What did you like most about MW2?

• Thread starter TheDivineZombie
  • Start date
  • Views 2,549
TheFlutter

TheFlutter

There's sin in all of us.
Reaction score
Sin$
100% AGREE. COD has gone down in quality in my opinion. I just feel that they tried too hard to create new features and add new things to the newer Call of Duties. However, it still feels like they took previous games and just updated the graphics and slapped a new name on it.
I can say that literally everyone I knew played MW2 when it came out. Since then, less and less of my friends have been playing the more recent CODs.
I still don't think any game franchise can beat Call of Duty.

TheFlutter

TheFlutter

There's sin in all of us.
Reaction score
Sin$
The Call of Duty franchise is legendary, so is Halo though! :biggrin: #MCC
I believe Halo and Grand Theft Auto are the two franchises that binds a majority of us gamers together; no matter what console, nor the CoD-Battlefield feud, most of us are binded between these two franchises--and I like that.

TheDivineZombie

TheDivineZombie

▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲
Greeter Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe Halo and Grand Theft Auto are the two franchises that binds a majority of us gamers together; no matter what console, nor the CoD-Battlefield feud, most of us are binded between these two franchises--and I like that.
It is funny that you say that, on the original Xbox I never played any COD but loved Halo and GTA!

Monopolyman

Monopolyman

PC Gamer and Tech Enthusiast
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Tutorial Creator Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
Quickscoping and trickshotting is what made the game for me. Trick shotting has become rather horrible now with OMA/Setting up, but quickscoping is still rather fun imo.

TheDivineZombie

TheDivineZombie

▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲
Greeter Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Graphics and weapons. I miss MW2 :frown:
I think anyone who has ever played MW2 misses it as well. It was arguably the best COD ever made.
All we can do now is hope for a remake. :biggrin: 
Quickscoping and trickshotting is what made the game for me. Trick shotting has become rather horrible now with OMA/Setting up, but quickscoping is still rather fun imo.
Quickscoping/trickshotting were so amazing that my friends and I would spend hours in private games just quickscoping or trickshotting. They haven't been the same since MW2.

Kevin

Kevin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh god MW2
Brings back memories, it made me what I am today and I spent all summer for 3 years in a row playing that game. I think I know more then the devs all about that game and I am not lying.
I loved the mods, the mw2 mods made mods what they are today, ufo mode, walking ac130, much more.
I like how the devs put in camo for shotguns and gold deagle. I had them on my account and used them until they where patched.

I still enjoy the face there are only 8 title updates unlike the new cod games where there is one every other day and basic fun old glitches are still out there with awesome hidden easter eggs. I remember back in the day when someone went into spectator mode and seen the floating MW3 game case and that blew up on utube. I remember hosting and playing zombie mods man they where fun. I remember first even xp lobbies shoot someone in the head with a famas and get level 70. The spinning coin everyone would die over use to be infectable only and if you changed it you lost it.

I have been on that game since day 1 of it and I can say it made gaming what it is today from mods, glitches, gaming teams and so on. If anyone wants to ask me anything on how it was feel free to because I was there and MW2 is my all time favorite game.

R.I.P one well made game now taken over by skidshotters

Monopolyman

Monopolyman

PC Gamer and Tech Enthusiast
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Tutorial Creator Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
I think anyone who has ever played MW2 misses it as well. It was arguably the best COD ever made.
All we can do now is hope for a remake. :biggrin: 

Quickscoping/trickshotting were so amazing that my friends and I would spend hours in private games just quickscoping or trickshotting. They haven't been the same since MW2.
I liked Trickshotting in BO II, but the quickscoping wasn't nearly as good. I think CoD 4 has the best quickscoping though.

TheDivineZombie

TheDivineZombie

▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲
Greeter Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh god MW2
Brings back memories, it made me what I am today and I spent all summer for 3 years in a row playing that game. I think I know more then the devs all about that game and I am not lying.
I loved the mods, the mw2 mods made mods what they are today, ufo mode, walking ac130, much more.
I like how the devs put in camo for shotguns and gold deagle. I had them on my account and used them until they where patched.

I still enjoy the face there are only 8 title updates unlike the new cod games where there is one every other day and basic fun old glitches are still out there with awesome hidden easter eggs. I remember back in the day when someone went into spectator mode and seen the floating MW3 game case and that blew up on utube. I remember hosting and playing zombie mods man they where fun. I remember first even xp lobbies shoot someone in the head with a famas and get level 70. The spinning coin everyone would die over use to be infectable only and if you changed it you lost it.

I have been on that game since day 1 of it and I can say it made gaming what it is today from mods, glitches, gaming teams and so on. If anyone wants to ask me anything on how it was feel free to because I was there and MW2 is my all time favorite game.

R.I.P one well made game now taken over by skidshotters
The nostalgia is strong with this one!:tongue:
Seriously though, I'm sure a lot of people(especially from this community) can relate to your experiences.
Thanks for such a detailed answer to such a simple question. (:

ZeVo

ZeVo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When i seen this post it made me think what are we going todo when they shut down 360 servers?
I will miss 1 man army glitch. nuke racing with my friends. The hidden spots where noobs put there tacs. The trick shotting. The quickscoping witch felt normal. i will miss the hole game. It was a good ride.

GHOSTS IS ****ING ****

TheDivineZombie

TheDivineZombie

▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲
Greeter Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
When i seen this post it made me think what are we going todo when they shut down 360 servers?
All we will be able to do is feel an intense amount of nostalgia; more so than we do right now.:frown: Hopefully they do release a remake for new-gen.

DarthVexy

DarthVexy

Reaction score
Sin$
Global Thermonuclear War
Slow Mo Lobbies
Only Game with nukes. (MW3 doesn't count nor Ghosts both had a variation of a nuke but they sucked)

Beardyman

Beardyman

VIP
VIP
Lifetime
Mr. Nice Guy Trifecta 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
The Scar-H attached with a silencer. I also love the Pavelow, such a brutal killstreak.

Claws

Claws

Skepta <3
Retired
Lifetime
Journalist Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The Scar-H attached with a silencer. I also loved the Pavelow, such a brutal killstreak.
The amount of crazy killstreaks I went on with those OP things was unbelievable. I got a couple nukes with them. Miss the old cods :/

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The amount of crazy killstreaks I went on with those OP things was unbelievable. I got a couple nukes with them. Miss the old cods :/
Even I did alright with MW2 because of the OP killstreaks! xD

Back to the OP, my favorite aspect of MW2 is how simple it is to mod on it.

TheDivineZombie

TheDivineZombie

▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲
Greeter Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The Scar-H attached with a silencer. I also love the Pavelow, such a brutal killstreak.

Even I did alright with MW2 because of the OP killstreaks! xD

Back to the OP, my favorite aspect of MW2 is how simple it is to mod on it.

I agree that the kill streaks were OP but they were some of the best I've seen in a COD game. Nuke was the best.

Top Bottom
Login
Register