B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
Some random member on another forum I visit posted a picture and it pushed me too far. I went and purchased a 3G model + Rayman Origins.

wp000040n.jpg

Can't wait to see what this sucker can do!

Woody

Woody

Directioner
Reaction score
Sin$
You lucky bastard, I'm getting mine in a few more weeks :frown:
Keen to test the 3g too :3

B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
You lucky bastard, I'm getting mine in a few more weeks :frown:
Keen to test the 3g too :3
You know, it's surprisingly good. It comes with a Vodafone sim card and the 3G has been phenomenal. Had one minor issue, but I put the blame on the connection from the PS3 to the PSV.

There are free games on PSN and they use AR cards. It's so cool how they do things like this. There were fireworks on my keyboard!

I'll probably end up getting a dodgy sim with unlimited data, but as of now, I'll be using what I have.

As for you waiting a few weeks, it's better actually. By then, there will be more games available.

Niall47

Niall47

Fire and Blood!
Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
Out of interest, why did you go with 3G?
I can't imagine a situation where I really needed to connect my handheld gaming device to the internet so much that I paid money for it.

Riku

Riku

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Getting mine after I do my taxes in a couple of weeks and get my tax return

Mag1c

Mag1c

Since '06
Reaction score
Sin$
For those of you unaware. Here in the states AT&T decided to be super awesome and cap the vita at 20mb, so you can't play games online, or watch netflix or anything like that.

All you can do is check messages and web browse. so dumb.

Anyways, awesome bro, hit me up with a PM of you PSN ID. I will be getting mine either saturday/monday depends when it arrives (Lockerz had a steal of a price)

Also there is a couple buy two get 1 deals going on at Amazon and Best Buy.

Enjoy!

B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
Out of interest, why did you go with 3G?
I can't imagine a situation where I really needed to connect my handheld gaming device to the internet so much that I paid money for it.
I don't know. I thought it was pointless to spend the extra cash, but it's available so why not?

Getting mine after I do my taxes in a couple of weeks and get my tax return
There isn't anything special yet. Launch games are decent, but I'm waiting on Mortal Kombat and Unit 13, which are the 2 games I want the most.

For those of you unaware. Here in the states AT&T decided to be super awesome and cap the vita at 20mb, so you can't play games online, or watch netflix or anything like that.

All you can do is check messages and web browse. so dumb.

Anyways, awesome bro, hit me up with a PM of you PSN ID. I will be getting mine either saturday/monday depends when it arrives (Lockerz had a steal of a price)

Also there is a couple buy two get 1 deals going on at Amazon and Best Buy.

Enjoy!
Pretty sure Vodafone (UK/AU partner for Sony) has something similar. I communicate with friends on the go, check trophies and a range of other pointless crap, all in the palm of my hands.

I am keeping my eyes on Amazon. I've been seeing a lot of great deals for games lately, but since I am not in the US/UK and they don't ship games to Australia (last time I checked), I have to find another way to get 'em.

xcashmoneyx7

xcashmoneyx7

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Buzz, that is one kick-*** setup you have there; I wish they had white PS3's in the US. I'm still debating whether or not I should shell out the money for a Vita, they seem to be pretty cool, but they are a bit pricey.

Mag1c

Mag1c

Since '06
Reaction score
Sin$
Just got my vita, Don't have any of my games yet probably will have them monday. So i'm downloading demos atm. My vita has two dead pixels... rather annoying, will get an advanced replacement thanks to my knowledge of SEing... but still it's a shame. I will post back when i've got to play games and what not.

Mr Crush

iTz Crush

→ Crush ←
Reaction score
Sin$
Im still wondering if I should get this or the 3DS or either I have the money. I just hope I get alot of use out of what ever one I buy. Can you try to persuade me into buying a vita?

B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
So i'm downloading demos atm. My vita has two dead pixels... rather annoying, will get an advanced replacement thanks to my knowledge of SEing...
Why SE? Return it to the store and get it replaced.

For the demos, they aren't too great, but Unit 13 = AMAZING! That's the game I want to buy next. Wipeout is decent and pending on which console/deal you grabbed, you can get the game for free.

Im still wondering if I should get this or the 3DS or either I have the money. I just hope I get alot of use out of what ever one I buy. Can you try to persuade me into buying a vita?
I think you will get more use out of the Vita. I use my 3DS to play Mario Kart whenever I am on the toilet. Other than that, I rarely use it.

Mr Crush

iTz Crush

→ Crush ←
Reaction score
Sin$

For the demos, they aren't too great, but Unit 13 = AMAZING! That's the game I want to buy next. Wipeout is decent and pending on which console/deal you grabbed, you can get the game for free.

I think you will get more use out of the Vita. I use my 3DS to play Mario Kart whenever I am on the toilet. Other than that, I rarely use it.
LOL on your 3DS usages my brothers each have a 3DS so the rare time I play them I think i'll just use theirs. From the time I posted this and replied I watched unboxing, and reviews. I also searched goggle some info on what I can get with my money. I'm getting the 3G+Wifi model (Even tho I won't use 3G alot). and a warranty from best buy. The warranty works great because my local best buy they exchange electronics without questioning. I'm hyped up can't wait to get mine!

Sorry for the long post and no tl;dr :smile: :/

Mag1c

Mag1c

Since '06
Reaction score
Sin$

I got it from lockerz, they dont have phone support. Only email. So it's gonna take forever anyways. I'm gonna use my SE skills to get an advanced replacement (obviously sending the old one back after though)

I really didn't enjoy the unit 13 demo that much to be honest. I'm gonna wait for killzone or resistance. I will say that rayman was pretty fun.
For being a new system with a new OS. It works good, but a lot of stuff needs to be fixed in future updates.

-quicker messaging system, it's like sending an email not a iMessage.
-when I click an app, open it. Don't take me to a screen to hit start.
- more apps(like app store and android market)
- HTML 5 /flash support
- always signed in PSN, don't sign me out EVER!
-a more fluid keyboard/autocorrect.

I expect it to get fixed over time, but coming from an iPhone to this there is a significant drop (which I expected, but it's very noticeable)

I enjoy the system and can't wait to play my games when they arrive.

Anyone on the border about buying one, go demo one at best buy or GameStop. It looks gorgeous and the screen is amazing. Games already look Great and will look better as time goes along.

ODonnell

ODonnell

Hold Strong
VIP
Retired
MotM Mr. Nice Guy End of the Year 2013
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm really think about picking one up, but i was disappointed with the PSP. I did go to EBGames here and try it out, it was nice but i wasn't too impressed trying to start the Uncharted Demo, i don't like how you have to touch the screen to start and can't just hit X or Start. But if they release some more games i will most likely pick it up.

Trophy2345

Trophy2345

Otaku
Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
I picked the Vita up yesterday, I also got a 16gb card(Damn you Sony and your proprietary nonsense!) I intend to pick Up Uncharted and Ninja Gaiden today as Toys R Us is having buy 1 get 1 half off. So far this machine is beautiful and epic

eazymoney94

eazymoney94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i love this thing i got the 3g version as well just havent bought a data plan to recieve my free game and trial plan but this thing is awesome and has alot of potential in the near future

Mag1c

Mag1c

Since '06
Reaction score
Sin$
i love this thing i got the 3g version as well just havent bought a data plan to recieve my free game and trial plan but this thing is awesome and has alot of potential in the near future

3G is pretty worthless... 20mb data cap. Can only play turn based games. No Netflix or anything data intensive.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
I just cannot do handhelds and 300 bucks for that thing is just ridiculous.

Top Bottom
Login
Register